Search results

1. frankthetank

Can I use teflon tape instead of a dielectric union?

I replaced this Rheem hot water heater the other day (It was 17 years old and i thought i was pushing it). There was no dielectric unions of any sort connecting to the tank and as you can see by this picture, the cold was pretty rusty (not leaking or anything) and the hot looks brand new. A...
  2. frankthetank

New posters who cut and run

I think this site is great an appreciate the help people give out. I still click in here time an again, but since i'm no pro, i don't really have much to add. I think as more people learn how to use the search function (good idea with any forum) less people will have to bother the "pros" !!! :)
  3. frankthetank

How to solder correctly

I'm a total newbie, but i've sweated around 50 tees/elbows/couplings/valves/etc and i clean the pipe up good (sand to a nice finish/wipe off), apply my oatley 95, and join the 2 parts completely together. After that i heat up the valve/coupling/etc and not the pipe...flux starts sizzling good...
  4. frankthetank

Why can't I use copper?

I'm pretty much done now (it works!). I actually used a male copper fitting into the tank(probably a no no) and a female copper fitting (both 1 inch to 3/4) and ran 3/4 copper up the wall into the main plumbing. I would have loved to use 1 inch, but oh my god, the cost of that stuff is a...
  5. frankthetank

Why can't I use copper?

I think about 17 years old if they went in with the well (1990). I used copper/brass throughout. Just finishing up. Am a newbie, so this is trial and error. Biggest thing so far is that plumbers must never have clean hands? or i have more problems then i think!
  6. frankthetank

Why can't I use copper?

OK. I'll look @ that tonite when i get to a hardware store. I think i've looked @ them but wasn't sure. Thanks.
  7. frankthetank

Why can't I use copper?

Heres the current setup. I just bought a 20 gallon (just 2 of us, no sprinklers, very little washing, we use very little water) Flexcon (thanks for the heads up on lesser brands). The current tank is leaking from the valve stem and I'm sick of pumping air back into. Do i have to use ANY...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks