Search results

1. paul housedok

Newbie sweating pipes

soldering What I always do when I have water in the line which makes solding difficult is to open up a faucet downstream and put my air compressor nozzle up to the pipe and blow the water out of the pipe.----works every time!
  2. paul housedok

Finding pipes in wall to epipe a 2 story

pex Thanks for the info on running pipe outside but my "customer" says no -- so, it is inside the house pipe runs----also, I checked our local building permit dept and they tell me they approve of pex currently only for commercial applications and on a case by case for residential if I file for...
  3. paul housedok

Slab pipe elimination Yes, correct---I only want to replace the slab copper piping and I am hoping that the pipes go up from the water heater to the upstairs---I have not opened up the wall yet in the heater area to see the pipe routing. As far as sheetrock demo, I might be able to run the new...
  4. paul housedok

slab piping Thanks for the note of caution about putting an elect chg on the pipes---I was assuming the plumbing experts had a low voltage technique that would not be of any danger to anyone----sort of like a continuity test one would do with elect wiring. Anyway, my next idea is to...
  5. paul housedok

This faucet drain leak is driving me crazy, pls help!!

Often times the tail piece is threaded into the cast piece that has the large nut for tightening to the sink. It may not look like it is threaded but check it anyway. Teflon tape this thread and the thread for the inside sink part. Plumbers putty under the inside the sink part sholld also be...
  6. paul housedok

Re Pipe The only repiping I want to do is to bypass the pipes that go from the water heater down into the slab and back up through the slab into the kitchen and the bathrooms down stairs. If I can find the pipes as they come up from the slab and before they go up the wall to the second floor...
  7. paul housedok

I repiped my single floor on a slab by going up into attic with no major problems. I am going to repipe my son's two story on a slab. How can I determine where the pipes come up from the slab to the first floor and where the pipes are routed to go to the second floor? I was told there is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks