Search results

1. MikeFish

Redo stack or not? Pictures depict my problem

Drawings I'm not the one to review them, but maybe you could post some drawing of what you propose to do if you DIY a rebuild of the stack. Have a thick skin though; the honesty of some of these experts can be painful;) Also, I'm sure you know, the best way to get an estimate is to have a...
  2. MikeFish

Basement plumbing rough in

That's what I said;) I could put a supplemental vent through the roof, but I don't want to. How far up the wall on the floor above will I have to go to tie into the laundry or kitch vent branches? Finally, failing all that, what argument do I make to the city that they shouldn't...
  3. MikeFish

fountain problem

Buy a different pump If the pump is too forceful, maybe he should think about a lower volume pump. I know it's likely the most expensive route. Something else to reduce the pressure is a wider gauge outlet or increasing the amount of tubing between the pump and the outlet. When you...
  4. MikeFish

Pic Here is a picture. It requires an alibi regarding the drawings. The position of my utility sink obviously will not be under my breaker box; I just couldn't draw it properly on the opposite wall behind the tub. I hope this pic helps. The light blue is a fresh air vent for the...
  5. MikeFish

After further review it appears the neither point A or point B is good for me to tie in the lav vent. Both are on the main drain stack, and everything else in the house flows past the proposed wet vents. Plus point B is less than 6' higher than the flood of the sink. Studors are frowned upon...
  6. MikeFish

The first choice is marked on the first drawing at "A". It is a horizontal connected to the main stack. It leads to the middle of the house and eventually up through the roof. So the lav vent will be attached to "A" but on a horizontal. It has to be above the pipe to some degree or else it...
  7. MikeFish

I recognize that the trap will be under the sink and outside the wall. It is too far from the lav vent/drain?
  8. MikeFish

I want to do this right the first time rather than failing inspection..... I attach 2 drawings for reference. Rough in #2 is the big picture. Obviously rudimentary and not drawn to scale (my what a gigantic tub). Rough in #1 illustrates my question, however. I need to attach the lav vent...
  9. MikeFish

Tub installation on basement floor

Post 6 in the "mortar under shower" thread shows the exact tub that I am installing. I filled in the rough cut out enough to allow all the feet to have contact with the floor, then I put down about 1/4" SLC to level the floor, which works great BTW, if a little pricey. I'll likely add the...
  10. MikeFish

The tub is plastic with heavy gauge fiberglass? or plastic as a base. It has to be level; that is sure. And all eight of the support feet need to keep contact with the floor. I think I will fill in about half of the rough opening with concrete then level the entire floor with self leveling...
  11. MikeFish

My basement had a rough in for a tub when the house was built. I have added the connection for the waste drain, but when I set the tub in place I notice that the cut out in the concrete causes 2 of the eight 'feet' on the bottom of the tub to hang free. I am placing the tub directly on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks