Search results

1. electrotuko

Clack valve - Refill port plug leaks

Clack WS1EE used on a iron removal filter/tank, Backwash only valve. After a month after an installation it started leaking from a Refill Port Plug. The water drips (1 drop/hour) from the locking clip holes. I removed the plug, visually inspected, all looks good, O-ring looks good, clean...
  2. electrotuko

Well water – new system setup to remove iron

I've been reading here as a guest, now I am going to ask for an advise on how to make best fit new system configuration. Simplifying my previous post. My well water has 0.8ppm of iron and basically nothing else. I am using a chlorination system to oxidize the iron. To remove such small amount...
  3. electrotuko

Radiant heating under cork floor

Just curious if it makes sense to install electrical wire based under floor heating for cork floating floor. I was going to install the SunTouch WarmWire electrical heating system for my bathroom. Originally was planning to use ceramic tiles but after I seen how warm (at least the feeling...
  4. electrotuko

Code relating to venting Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for remodeling

I know that the code does not allow to use Air Admittance Valves (AAVs) for venting for Illinois. Can the AAVs be used for the remodeling, not talking about new construction, talking about Illinois, Kane County. Need to add bathtub, shower, vanity-sink and WC in the lower level-waking out...
  5. electrotuko

Subpanel location, mounting on the joist

I want to add a 60A subpanel, 4 spaces, 8 circuits, fill be fed by a cable running from the main panel to the crawl space. This will provide the slots for circuit breakers to power light fixtures, water heater circulation pump, whole house water filter, few receptacles - all in the crawl space...
  6. electrotuko

Wires from Main panael to Subpanel in two separate raceways?

I want to ad a 80A subpanel, located right to main panel, not enough room for required 1" metal conduit to run four 4 AWG (L1, L2, N, GND) THHN wires in it. Can I run two 3/4" conduits that each would have two wires in them, like L1, L2 in first conduit, N and GND in second conduit?
  7. electrotuko

Grease on new Siemens circ. breaker contacts - need to wipe out before installing?

Lately in the stores I found Siemens circuit breakers with some sort of grease, paste on the contacts. Just curious if this needs to be kept and install breaker in to panle with that or just wipe it out. The panel has a copper bus. Is this, I assume electricall contact improving grease ...
  8. electrotuko

Can three #8 and one #10 wires be in ½†metal conduit?

Would Code allow running three (L1, L2, Neutral) THHN 90C rated #8 wires and one #10 as non-current carrying for GND in ½†metal flex conduit? Circuit breaker will be 50A; cable will carry up to 50Amps.
  9. electrotuko

An exception for NEC Table 310.16, is it possible? Comment please

My load is a wall oven consuming 37A and requires using a 50A power line. Is it acceptable by the code to use 8 AWG THHN copper conductors which are rated 90 degrees centigrade? Keeping in mind that I am using no connectors except a circuit breaker connection and a breaker connection is...
  10. electrotuko

Long flex metal conduit instead of rigid pipe?

If the pricing is not an issue and I need very quickly to install additional outlet and some light fixture in my basement: Can I ran a flexible metal conduit instead of rigid metal pipe? The line length would be more than 40 feet.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks