Search results

1. M

Rural Water Grant?

Glad we agree on the big government thang, and I'm not sure the bureaucratic EPA could even help with many local water well contamination issues -- what may occur so far underground, such as brine-water pipe leaks, is difficult to find, let alone prevent or fix. I suspect pressure-drop is about...
  2. M

Rural Water Grant?

Bob, from our discussion of 'Pump won't start except manually' during May, 2007: "Recall that we got 'city water' piped to our rural area last year, the water is great being only somewhat softened (just right for us) and its taste is great with absolutely no chlorine or chemical flavor or...
  3. M

Rural Water Grant?

Don said privately: I saw a post by you, talking about a rural water grant program. Can you tell me where i can get info on this? I started a thread asking about this, but no one has responded yet. Here is the thread if you would like to read more about my problem. Don, I know nothing about...
  4. M

Pump won't start except manually...briefly

Pump won't start... + pitless adapter + footvalve I was installing storage shelves in the newly gained space of my pumphouse (from removing the old pump/tank and water-softner) when thoughts of the old foot-valve discussion returned. I guess another good reason I don't want one is that to...
  5. M

Gentlemen, I apologize for apparently rankling some feathers here. I said up front that this footvalve vs. above ground checkvalve issue is controversial among two professionals in my area while the Burks manual and an online source says to install 'either/or' with no preference indicated. I...
  6. M

Without any technical reference, Bob, is that like: "That's the way we've always done it"...? My above-ground check-valve system worked flawlessly for over 13 years without any maintenance, and never lost water in the suction line or droppipe for pump prime. Gauge pressure always held...
  7. M

No, Bob, what I am asking is why the heck should I install a foot valve when my above-ground check valve works equally well and is so readily accessible in case a problem with it ever occurs...? --Mac
  8. M

Bob, A 'well finisher' is my term for a licensed plumber who has no equipment for providing a well-hole, but who will let owner provide it or sub-contract the hole and casing, then 'finish' the well by providing and installing the pump, pressure tank and all of the plumbing and related...
  9. M

Pump...+ foot valve vs. pumphouse check valve Speedbump (& any others), A remaining unanswered question that I posted 5/24/07 is: "One professional [a licensed plumber & well 'finisher'] tells me that using an above-ground check valve as I have it installed is perfectly satisfactory while...
  10. M

Yeau, sometimes no response is best, that makes us work harder to find the answer to our own questions or problems, and hopefully we will understand the why's and wherefore's of the sitsheashun better. Everybody coming to this forum with questions or problems should search the archives first...
  11. M

Pump won't start manually + foot valve + press switch Well....apparently nobody has further input. No big deal: 1- I can find nothing online or elsewhere but the 20-40 psi pressure switch with bladder tank seems to be sufficient so I'm no longer concerned. The lower pressure will be easier...
  12. M

Well vs. rural water

Bob, thanks for your input. The oil wells are 900 and more feet deep. I understand brine water is pumped down to force the oil upward, and this brine water may be pumped from a storage tank hundreds of feet away from the oil well. The oil-well company looked for above-ground indications of a...
  13. M

Well vs. rural water

Our well is 35 feet deep according to property papers when we bought the place. The well is over 30 years old, water level is about 7' below pumphouse floor (and it's been drought all spring around here.) The upper well casing (to the 7' depth that I can see) is 6" dia. thick-wall PVC. with...
  14. M

Well vs. rural water

I'll just provide my experience: We had our own well water for 13 years. The water was 'very hard', it had to be filtered ahead of our clothes washer with filter elements needing to be changed frequently, a really messy job (ruined clothes otherwise.) We lost well-water supply during...
  15. M

Pump won't start manually + foot valve + press switch My last posting was intended to share my pump/well experiences with others as possible help....but I think the resulting long posting mostly went unread. So, my requests for help went unread also. Can anyone please provide input for...
  16. M

Well.......the old pump-motor tested 'toast' so I bought the used 1/2 hp Burks model 5HC pump (15 yrs old) with H20W-TO model HT-20 bladder-type pressure tank (4 yrs old) for $150 which seems reasonable to me. It is a rather simple installation, with the well supply being 1" poly-pipe coming up...
  17. M

Raucina, you are correct about my guessing the motor is the culprit at this point. I use a small multi-tester for minor electrical troubleshooting but don't own a higher load ammeter. But I found a neat little shop in a larger town/city about 30 miles distant (where I had to visit yesterday...
  18. M

Thanks for your helpful responses. I checked for a full suction line again, and the foot valve is working ok. I checked to be sure the motor/pump turns freely by hand and checked to be sure the pump is fully primed again. From zero pressure on the gauge I left the pressure tank drain valve...
  19. M

Hello group, this seems like an excellent forum, but I haven't found an answer for my pump/control problem from browsing/searching. Here are the basics: 'City water' was piped to our rural area early last summer (tremendous!) and we haven't used our well/pump much except for washing vehicles...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks