Search results

1. OscarG

What do I have? Black poly with aluminum tube liner.

A friend gave me about 300' of what I thought was 3/4" black poly pipe, like used to bring water from a well. When I picked it up it was a lot heavier and it turns out it has black poly (PEX ??) over aluminum tube. OD of poly is 0.88", aluminum tube OD is 0.75". What do I have? Think it will...
  2. OscarG

Copper ain't the only thing going up!!!!!!

There is a post on the Plumbing forum about the price of copper... It's not the only thing going up. A high amperage SquareD breaker (QO2200) that had been $245 for a couple years now went to $266 overnight. Scarry where we are headded!
  3. OscarG

Wire Size / Fixture Attachment

I have installed 10 ceiling boxes in a workshop area and intend to put simple porcelain sockets on them to provide general overall lighting. Circuit wired with 12/2 NM between boxes, circuit protected at 20A. Plan to use 150W equivalent CF bulbs so no issue with heat. Installing the porcelain...
  4. OscarG

Outlets on Opposite Sides of Wall/Partition

Not sure where I saw something about a code requirement that outlets serving rooms on opposite sides of a wall/partition need to be at least 24 inches apart. Intent was to prevent fire spreading across partition thru the penetrations. Can anyone give me the specifics of this? I have a...
  5. OscarG

Sanitary T w/ L & R Side Inlet

I found this fitting in a catalog and it seems like it could solve the problem of feeding a W.C., shower drain and lavatory drain into a stack (on a second floor bath) with only a slight drop to the cieling below. I did not want to notch or dirll the joists for pipe so keeping all of the entry...
  6. OscarG

DWV Plan for Loft Space

This is my second attempt at major DWV project so I am looking for advice on my design. This is for adding bath, kitchen and compact washer to second floor "loft" space over an existing shop area. Building was built about 15 years ago and never finished. Now looking to make it livable for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks