Search results

1. bnoji

PEX versus Copper

I think they are referring to plasticizers leaching into the water from the polyethylene. Here's a page that mentions their potential health risks: http://tuberose.com/Plastics.html I'm not a sicentist, and my material science experience is mainly in metals, so I have no idea if any of this is...
  2. bnoji

Running Water and Drain from Slab to Slab

As I said, the only fixture draining into this is a utility sink in the garage. Why not? The water being drained is clean (not grey/black) and at a rate far less than an average sink or clothes washer. The question was how and where to do it. I already stated I was not experienced and that I...
  3. bnoji

The garage sits in a low spot and I already have some drainage issues. The previous owner never installed gutters on the 20 year old garage (and removed them from the house years ago). I'm not even sure if I'll be able to excavate for the supply line on the garage end. Last time I tried I...
  4. bnoji

It looks like all the drains in the house lead to the bathroom. Unfortunately, the bathroom is the only room in the entire house where I can't break the floor because of the new tile (and it's our only bathroom). While following the drain lines I noticed that there is no slab under the tub...
  5. bnoji

I took a few more pictures this morning and tried to sketch out the existing drain locations in case it may help. Please excuse the embarassing mess in the yard...the house was left to us with "some work" to be done and I'm right in the middle of it all. I mapped out all the drains in the...
  6. bnoji

The only fixture in the garage will be a utility sink. So you're saying I need to dig 36" on the garage side and approximately 45" on the house side in order to maintain that slope at a proper depth? What drain would I tie into that I would find at that depth? I was told a pump would allow...
  7. bnoji

I'm looking for some guidance on running water/drain from the house to a detached garage approximately 35ft away. Both are on slab foundations. It seems the easiest place to tie in is the kitchen cold water and drain as they are both above the slab, directly against the back wall and the nearest...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks