Search results

1. Chris Fox

Hall bath remodel, questions regarding PEX, toilet move,etc.

Hello, back from a 4-5 year hiatus on home projects. Stating a bathroom remodel, remove tub add shower, move toilet and tiling walls/floors. I am adding a fixed glass partition between toilet and shower head, so reaching in to the shower to turn on getting it was suggested to move the valve...
  2. Chris Fox

Moving garage sink and need to drain softener discharge...

My softener drained directly in to the garage sink just above the p trap. The sink is now being moved inside to a utility room. I still have access to my washing machine drain tube/stack nearby. See pic of the wall section. This is what I am thinking to do: Add a tee on the 2" pipe and add an...
  3. Chris Fox

DIY'er adding a sink in a utility room with washer/dryer

My plan is mount a sink next to my side by side dryer/washer. Unfortunately my dryer will sit in between the new sink and washer which has the plumbing and drain centered directly behind. Also the wall is an exterior wall - separating garage from house. I don't see a real headache here other...
  4. Chris Fox

Toilet issues... using a closet auger

I have a toilet that is flushing slow- no gurgle so not solid waste flushing down. It's a toilet the kids use and suspect a toy is lodged somewhere. Plunger just works enough to make it slow working again if one of the kids does their business in it. I purchased a tool that supposed to unclog...
  5. Chris Fox

pex or copper for water main line??

Is using PEX worth the cost savings?
  6. Chris Fox

Patching concrete in driveway questions

I need to patch a 2'x5' saw cut hole in my driveway which had to be done to repair a water main burst. My plan is to first add gravel then top with sand and water to get my depth back to about 4-5". Then drill holes in sides of concrete about 1/4 way up from bottom for #4 rebar stakes and...
  7. Chris Fox

water main line burst questions

The other morning I found my main water line to the house burst below my driveway, water seeping up through expansion cracks I am getting quotes for the repair and noticing the pricing is all over. I am hoping to get some feedback on an appopriate cost range. The run from meter to house is...
  8. Chris Fox

salt forming around outside of brine tank

Last week I noticed flaky salt collecting at the bottom of my brine tank but not at the regenerating tank. I assumed it was a leak. I emptied the salt and noticed what ithought was a crack at the bottom of the plastic tank so I replaced the tank(free under warranty). The next day I noticed slat...
  9. Chris Fox

erratic smoke alarms and heat pump connection?

I had my smole alarms go off this morning at 4:30 AM, all of them approx. 4 simutaneously. No fire and no cause for concern. The alarms went off for about 30 secs stopped and came back on a couple minutes later and again a few minutes after that. Until I got a ladder and disconnected them all...
  10. Chris Fox

smoke alarms going nuts!!!

I had my smole alarms go off this morning at 4:30 AM, all of them approx. 4 simutaneously. No fire and no cause for concern. The alarms went off for about 30 secs stopped and came back on a couple minutes later and again a few minutes after that. Until I got a ladder and disconnected them all...
  11. Chris Fox

PF retrofit woes...

I was tasked with updating our bathroom hardware from the gold/chrome builder special to brushed nickle same brand - Price Pfister. (Pull out to turn on and turn left/right for hot and cold) I was hoping to switch out the nickel trim plate and handle on the existing valve. Pretty close fit...
  12. Chris Fox

helping my dad this weekend...

my dad needed a little help preping for a grout job in a hall bathroom. New tile and new fxtures, he decided to replace the older Moen shower/bath fixtures for a new updated Kohler setup. With new tile up and ready for grout I had to stop him for moving forward - the new fixture just isnt going...
  13. Chris Fox

avg cost for repalcing a 50 gal gas HWH?

I noticed a puddle below my HWH located in the garage this morning. I checke the vlave and copper lines no leaks so assuming the pan is shot?? I dont know that much about these other than to drain the tank every year. The HWH is the original 15 year old AO Smith. Should I assume this needs to...
  14. Chris Fox

Water Ridge faucets and Costco???

Costco is selling a really ncie lookign industrial style kitchen faucet for $150 - I never heard of this brand but found its made by Danze specifically for Costco. Online reviews are pretty good - positive for quality and customer service and lacks installation. Has anyone installed one own or...
  15. Chris Fox

leaking fountain - sealing stopper?

I have a patio fountain that came with a large rubber stopper(2.5 dia x 1.25" thick) and a short roll of green colored putty on a roll. The stopper is tapered, a hole in the center and a slit for setting in the pump cord and light kit wire. I cant seal this stopper well enough in the basin to...
  16. Chris Fox

fountain with leaking plug...

I have a patio fountain that came with a large rubber stopper(2.5 dia x 1.25" thick) and a short roll of green colored putty tape. The stopper has a slit and a hole in the cetner for the pump cord. I am having a hard time sealing this stopper up in the basin of the fountain. I have rolled the...
  17. Chris Fox

mounting stone tops on custom vanties

I have ordered stone which is cut to CAD drawings, having never done this before what is the best way to mount the stone to vanity tops. vanities are custo mmade with corner blocks at all four corners, so there is plenty of flat surface. With plenty of flat surface to flat surface is somehtign...
  18. Chris Fox

pressure vacuum breaker at spikot..

I have a PVB atop a water spikot, then a line goes to a auto leveler for the pool. I noticed theres a pretty good leak dripping down over the valve body from the top. I am assuming theres a rubber gasket thats not sealing off and is shot, can this gasket be replaced or do I need to buy a...
  19. Chris Fox

Mounting floating style mirrors...

I am putting the finishing touches on my master bath and need to mount mirrors to the wall. The mirrors are custom so there are no mounting points. I also want to mount these floating off the wall approx. 1" My plan is to mount using a french cleat made from hardwood or use aluminum U...
  20. Chris Fox

drain and overflow rubber gasket problems..

I am installing a Duravit tub with side skirt. So far everything going ok, other than cracking the drain elbow during install but this is fixed. The problem that I am having is, the instructions show to pull the lip of the rubber gasket through the acrylic drain hole and the metal drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks