Search results

1. Chris Fox

Hall bath remodel, questions regarding PEX, toilet move,etc.

Question regarding slab back fill. After I add in the P trap and position the drain line for offset Kerdi tray I need to back fill. 1. The hole is about 12" square, is it necessary to add in rebar pins for the size of a hole? 2. Gravel file below the p trap, pack leave about 2-3" base add...
  2. Chris Fox

Thanks Terry. When you write pipe inserts you're referring to insulators? I am used to using shark bite for the limited PEX work I have done in the past more with copper pipe. I have Sharkbite connectors on hand which I would like to use simply because of cost. I am not ruling out on PEX...
  3. Chris Fox

Hello, back from a 4-5 year hiatus on home projects. Stating a bathroom remodel, remove tub add shower, move toilet and tiling walls/floors. I am adding a fixed glass partition between toilet and shower head, so reaching in to the shower to turn on getting it was suggested to move the valve...
  4. Chris Fox

Moving garage sink and need to drain softener discharge...

Thanks Ditto. Another idea was to extend the discharge hose further down along the garage floor and in through the wall to where the new sink is located. Tap directly into drain with a branch pipe used for dishwasher. Is this a good option?
  5. Chris Fox

Moving garage sink and need to drain softener discharge...

My softener drained directly in to the garage sink just above the p trap. The sink is now being moved inside to a utility room. I still have access to my washing machine drain tube/stack nearby. See pic of the wall section. This is what I am thinking to do: Add a tee on the 2" pipe and add an...
  6. Chris Fox

DIY'er adding a sink in a utility room with washer/dryer

I have the wall open exposing what I pretty much already knew. My concern and question is: 1. What is the best way to cross the dryer vent stack? The only gap I have is about 3/4" to the inside. I can gain about 1/2" by cutting out a section in the OSB. This will still not be enough. My only...
  7. Chris Fox

DIY'er adding a sink in a utility room with washer/dryer

My plan is mount a sink next to my side by side dryer/washer. Unfortunately my dryer will sit in between the new sink and washer which has the plumbing and drain centered directly behind. Also the wall is an exterior wall - separating garage from house. I don't see a real headache here other...
  8. Chris Fox

Toilet issues... using a closet auger

I have a toilet that is flushing slow- no gurgle so not solid waste flushing down. It's a toilet the kids use and suspect a toy is lodged somewhere. Plunger just works enough to make it slow working again if one of the kids does their business in it. I purchased a tool that supposed to unclog...
  9. Chris Fox

pex or copper for water main line??

I like the idea of sleeving the soft copper in 200 PVC pipe or similar.
  10. Chris Fox

Its from street to house. I live in AZ - rocky soil. I am getting quotes for both, both about the same price.
  11. Chris Fox

Is using PEX worth the cost savings?
  12. Chris Fox

water main line burst questions

HJ, Thansk for the feedback and suggestions, much appreciated. The work that needs to be done(trench and water line approx. 15') something you would like to quote? I would need trenching quoted as well or a referred company to do it.
  13. Chris Fox

Patching concrete in driveway questions

I need to patch a 2'x5' saw cut hole in my driveway which had to be done to repair a water main burst. My plan is to first add gravel then top with sand and water to get my depth back to about 4-5". Then drill holes in sides of concrete about 1/4 way up from bottom for #4 rebar stakes and...
  14. Chris Fox

Yes, it ended up being $810 for the 1" line. The price was less for 1/2 and 3/4 lines. So now I need to get updated quotes for running a line from the new meter to the house approx. 15-18' which needs to include the $78 permit. What should I expect to pay?
  15. Chris Fox

HJ, I found I am running PB pipe and the plumber didnt warranty it and strongly suggested to replace the entire line. It appears the PB lclass action suit was closed 3 years ago, so no recouping any repair costs. I currently have a 2x4 cut in the driveway where the PB was patched. Having the...
  16. Chris Fox

Interesting! Quite surprised they would cut water off, tear into to street to tap into water line for little cost. Running a pipe up to the house shutoff valve would then be less than 25' I plan to head over there this morning. Thanks.
  17. Chris Fox

Hj, I wish I had know about your services, i eould have contacted you. I am 100st/FLW area in Scottsdale. Moving the meter is very interesting but think this would be a nightmare to get approved. Is this something my plumber can get done or a contractor from the city of Scottsdale? The property...
  18. Chris Fox

The house is just under 2400 with 3 full bathrooms and pool. I ruled out the 1/2" pipe option just didnt feel right
  19. Chris Fox

The other morning I found my main water line to the house burst below my driveway, water seeping up through expansion cracks I am getting quotes for the repair and noticing the pricing is all over. I am hoping to get some feedback on an appopriate cost range. The run from meter to house is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks