Search results

1. Seaneys

a simple question

Now that you have me digging. Where did the 1300 come from? It is almost 3x higher than any reference I can find without using Lexis / Nexis. Steve
  2. Seaneys

a simple question

I spend a lot of time deciphering analytical information. I make a decent living at it. I guess I could throw out degrees and certifications too, but I'm not sure that is important. Your numbers are intriguing, but you have not tied them to fatalities or injuries of homeowners attempting to...
  3. Seaneys

Pex tubing water amount??

Well, a quick scan if sites indicates the ID is 0.475 inches... The volume would be Vpex = Lpex * Pi * (0.457)**2 / 4... I do not recall the number of cubic inches in a galllon off hand. Stee
  4. Seaneys

25v on my neutrals

Ahh. So there is still a use for my Fluke!
  5. Seaneys

a simple question

Hmmm.. Are you sure? The only two people I know of who were killed by electrocution were electricians. One was a friends dad from high school, the other was a lineman at our local power company. The death of the lineman is hearsay I guess, but the source was one of his team members. Steve
  6. Seaneys

Smoke Alarms and Outlets

In our village they 'like them to be on a dedicate circuit', but it is not required. They can share a circuit BUT they must not be switched. As far as locating the units, my smoke alarms specify one every 30 feet. Steve
  7. Seaneys

Smoke Alarms and Outlets

I think he is preparing for global warming :-).
  8. Seaneys

a simple question

I'm not sure you can relate this to DIY'er. Is there anything to indicate they weren't simply using their hair dryer in the shower?
  9. Seaneys

Main Sewer line replacement

I'm a rather agressive DIY'er... But I'd like to iterate the danger of working in a whole that is 8' deep. Of course, it could also be an excuse to rent an excavator and a cave-in protection form. Steve
  10. Seaneys

25v on my neutrals

Would a standard plug-in circuit tester also point out the problem? I don't usually use a meter to check outlets. Steve
  11. Seaneys

Code for Ethernet / AV wires

I'm struggling staying under the 360 degrees max bend requirement as I bob and weave around the EMT / metal conduit. I'm assuming the max bend radius rule applies for low voltage runs. Steve
  12. Seaneys

a simple question

It's a neat question that is often used in second semester physics for engineers. I'd be very disappointed if a sophomore in engineering did not get the question right. They might need a circuit diagram to understand what you were trying to say. I'm also very certain that I would not want...
  13. Seaneys

Code for Ethernet / AV wires

I'm going to put my ethernet and a/v cable in pvc conduit (extremely low voltage). What codes apply to network wiring. I do not see anything in the NEC. Thanks, Steve
  14. Seaneys

Outlet ground prong orientation

Our village 'recommends' the ground up or neutral up. They also like to see 'child proof' outlets.... Steve
  15. Seaneys

A/C Condenser and Air Handler

I checked in the snow. The compressor does not have the wire size required. It does have the information required to size it. Steve
  16. Seaneys

DIY Electrical

Let's give the plumbers a break and please have a bit of respect for your parallel trade. I live in an old house. The plumbing inspector was nice enough to notice that the boiler did not have a backflow prevention valve on the supply. I have stared at the pressure reducing valve hundreds of...
  17. Seaneys

DIY Electrical

I know of professional and diy work in my area that is done off-permit. The professional work tends to get lumped in with larger jobs or side work that does not require permits. I'm not sure if I agree with your generalization. Wasn't this job done by a pro? Laziness, sloppiness, and...
  18. Seaneys

Insulating Basement Walls

Owens Corning have an excellent web site with good customer service! Steve
  19. Seaneys

No Hub Adapters

I feel like throwing a party. The rough-in passed once I put in the no-hub adapters. My general contractor told me that the inspector failed two of his other jobs for the same reason I ran into. The only other mistake I made was using a standard 90 degree bend when I went from horizontal to...
  20. Seaneys

DIY Electrical

That is just plain stupid and lazy. I really feel sorry for the guy who was killed. Steve
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks