Search results

1. Yar02169

Check valve substitute

Hi guys with all the answers! You have helped me in the past, and I'm going to pick your brains once again. Long story on my well is that I have an issue with silt. I've given up on trying to develop and be rid of it, and now I just deal with it. [irrigation only]. I have a 10"x4" whole...
  2. Yar02169

Looking for ideas, air in system

Sprinkler use only, pump start relay recently installed, pressure switch and tank removed. Filter is for a silt problem. Last year the system ran at 35psi, now I'm getting 22-25psi (zone dependent I believe). When the system is running, I can hear air spurts coming out of the heads. Tonight I...
  3. Yar02169

Pump Start Relay question

Thanks in advance- I have a regular, simple system for irrigation only. I have a long standing issue with some silt, and my work around is a filter after the pump, before the zone solenoids and sprinkler heads. For reasons unknown, sometimes when the irrigation is done, the pump continues to...
  4. Yar02169

Check Valve and Pressure Switch

I just finished a long post regarding issues in changing to a new ball Check Valve, thanks again for the help. New issue: Would the new CV (different spring) change the trip point of the pressure switch? My pump no longer shuts off, and I'm thinking the spring rate of the CV has changed...
  5. Yar02169

Replaced check valve, now no real flow.

23' deep, water 7' below ground. Goulds GT15 pump. Replaced box store bronze check valve (1 1/2") with an Apolo SS ball check valve of the same size. Used goopy thread sealer instead of Teflon tape, hoping to eliminate any leaks. Assembled, primed and hit go. After a bit, some flow comes out...
  6. Yar02169

Dry run situation

23' deep, water @ 7'. Used solely to have a green lawn. When I do water, it takes a minute or so to get flow. I'm assuming the check valve isn't doing its job. Last week I heard the pump running when it shouldn't be. I unplugged the pump and inspected the damage. The output side plumbing...
  7. Yar02169

Pump ran dry, ruined?

Hi helpful people. I bought a Goulds shallow pump (1 HP) last year, and I've been happy with it. The other day I primed the system and got it running for this season of lawn watering. I set the timer to water Tuesday morning, and when I headed out for a chore, there was no water running. I...
  8. Yar02169

Filter Placement Question

My irrigation well has always had a silt problem. With the help from this place, I've come along way, learned a lot, have a functional system now. Just a final question. The silt isn't always, but enough to clog sprinkler heads. My solution was to install a Whirlpool 10" whole house filter...
  9. Yar02169

Humidistat rewire help

Hello! I have a whole house humidifier, and the humidistat has seen better days. The plastic strip thingie that determines the humidity has failed, so the unit sits in the extra dry house air. The humidifier is an old Sears unit, that works well. The humidistat mounts into the air return, I...
  10. Yar02169

Do I need a well pressure tank?

Hello- I use my well and pump just for irrigating my lawn and upsetting my neighbors with a green lawn. I've detected a leak near my pressure gauge, so my plan is to rebuild that part of the system. I'm wondering if I need the pressure tank. The current tank is a baby, maybe 4 gallon or...
  11. Yar02169

Vent and cold weather = draft

I'm looking for something, I have no idea what, but maybe someone here will help me find it. A few years ago I did a kitchen remodel that entailed moving the sink across the room. Now the sink has a window, and the relationship is great. When the remodel was done, the plumber ran a new vent...
  12. Yar02169

3-way switch feeds another switch?

I want to add a motion sensor to a pair of lights on the outside of a garage. Upon investigating today, I got confused by what I found. SW1 is in the house, SW2 is in the garage, and has never been used, so I can remove it for the sensor. Here's what I found that gets me. SW2 is next to...
  13. Yar02169

Preferred System Set-up?

This site has done wonders over the past few years in helping me understand wells and getting my irrigation system up and running. I have finally gotten everything to work and am now in the process of making it look better. I have the well located in a corner by the house and a shed. I'm...
  14. Yar02169

Pump won't turn on, won't stay on

I'm using a shallow well for my irrigation system. System Particulars: 1.5 hp Flotec pump (yes, I know, but it's only use is to water the lawn) 20/40 Square-D pressure switch (The sticker inside the cover says ON: 20, so that is an assumption) A small bladder tank, about 2-3 gallon is my...
  15. Yar02169

Fiberglass exterior door paint issue

I have an exterior door made by Anderson that doesn't like paint. I have painted, stripped, and repainted the door several times without any luck. Shortly after being painted, the paint bubbles in some areas, and it perfect in others. I have used both oil based and latex paint, and the...
  16. Yar02169

Pump rebuild kit needed - Water Ace

I'm looking to rebuild a Water Ace R10L pump. I contacted the manufacturer and they recommended that I save shipping charges and go to my local Lowe's as they sell the Water Ace line. I've visited three stores now, and they do sell the pumps, but none sell rebuild kits (must be that I'm in...
  17. Yar02169

Metal vs Plastic Pump?

Hello All- My well currently uses a first class Flotec 1 hp pump with a plastic pump housing for my irrigation system. Sitting in my basement I have a Water Ace 1 hp that has a metal pump housing. I'm thinking of switching to the Water Ace because it has the metal pump housing instead...
  18. Yar02169

Sediment Filter Location and more

I have a shallow well that I just got operating correctly, for the most part, but there are some issues. One issue that I have is some sand/silt upon initial start up. I installed a sediment filter and the irrigation system works well enough that my lawn is green once again. One thing...
  19. Yar02169

Is an Air Tank Needed?

First of all, this site is an awesome source of information, and I thank all that provide others with helpful information. I have a shallow well that has been in development for some 6 years now. I'm finally to the point where I have some good flow (10 gpm), but I still have some tweaking to...
  20. Yar02169

Multiple Well Points - help

I have a shallow irrigation only well of about 21'. The casing has 8' of mesh at the bottom, and the 36" x 1 1/4" draw pipe sits mid-way down the mesh. I have both 1 & 1 1/2 HP pumps and get the same results. After turning on the pump, the pressure gauge will approach 22 PSI, then all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks