Search results

1. ShannonT

Caulking Shower Kit

I have a Kohler Neo-Angle Shower door/walls kit that I put up on my home-made and tiled receptor. The instructions stated to caulk only the outside of the unit. I assumed this is so that any water that may get through the mechanical joints will not get trapped between two beads of caulk. ( I...
  2. ShannonT

Tub Stopper Missing

How? So, it appears someone took out the guts and screwed the cover back on instead of fixing the problem. You say to just replace the lever. I not only need the lever, but the linkage and stopper that goes down the overflow and a new strainer. How do I install the new stopper? How do I...
  3. ShannonT

Tub Stopper Missing

I have a tub with a drain stopper that isn't working. Since we are replacing the gold trim with brushed nickle I want to replace the overflow cover and strainer too. When I removed the overflow cover, I discovered there is no linkage attached to the lever. I have done some searching here and...
  4. ShannonT

Increasing Water Pressure

City Water What do you need the extra pressure for? Is it possible the pressure is available but something is blocking it from the residence? Have you verified with the city what the available pressure is? Is there a malfunctioning pressure reducing valve? How about a backflow preventer
  5. ShannonT

Looking for short 10-12inch but average width toilet

An Alternative An alternative may be a wall mounted toilet. While not a typical residential installation, they are not unheard of. It would take a small remodel to get the wall support installed, but it would stop your feet from dangling.:)
  6. ShannonT

Save my new shower!

Fixed - or not Well, I took off the teflon tape and replaced it with pipe dope. Then I put the long padded handle of my adjustable pliers in the arm and I was able to turn it the final 1/4 of a turn. Now I have a new problem. I took the handle off to adjust the hot water temperature and...
  7. ShannonT

Save my new shower!

Pliers trick I will give the pliers trick a try when I get home. I am also going to change from teflon tape to the liquid/paste goop I have. I may have too much tape on the threads which is keeping me from turning the arm that last quarter turn. Thanks
  8. ShannonT

Save my new shower!

Not the thread The threads aren't damaged. The problem is that the arm continues to rotate when you adjust the aim of the shower head so you don't get a good seal. Getting a new arm to match the brushed nickle finish won't be easy either. The threads on the fitting in the wall could be...
  9. ShannonT

Save my new shower!

I am installing the trim for my new shower and I have a leak in the wall. :eek: I put teflon tape on the threads and screwed the shower head arm into the plumbing. The first sign of trouble is when I can't turn the arm any more and it is pointed straight up. So I take it off, put new teflon...
  10. ShannonT

Help - Toilet Tank Leaking

I am trying to get my bathroom renovation complete before the one year mark, but the toilet is not cooperating! I have replaced all the seals at least once and I have finally narrowed down the leak to the connection of the overflow tube to the tank. With the tank off, I put a quart of...
  11. ShannonT

Water heater: wait, replace, or maintain?

Go for a change. My 9 year old water heater gave out the day after we got home from a 2 week vacation. I discovered that we had no hot water during my morning shower. :eek: Looked at the water heater and the very shallow drip pan was full (maybe 5 gallons in the pan):( Had there been a...
  12. ShannonT

Drum Trap

Nooooo! Don't say horrible things like that :eek: The reason I am doing this bathroom remodel is because I don't want to spend a bundle. We are talking about moving in a couple of years and I want to at least get what I have put into the house.(the bathrooms have to be remodeled though. We...
  13. ShannonT

Drum Trap

Sorry to Confuse. Patrick88/toolhaholic - There is a sewer line in the wall were you can see the vent header. The drain line is connected to it. Oh, and that line isn't copper - it's steel. If it was copper I would be cutting it all out, selling it and putting in PVC. :D Plumbob - I just...
  14. ShannonT

Drip Behind the Wall

Before you call the plumber Before you call in the plumber, go ahead and cut that hole in the closet ceiling, directly under the drain and see what you have. Oh wait, do you have plaster walls and ceilings? That may make the hole cutting and patching a real pain. I was thinking...
  15. ShannonT

Drum Trap

Now why would I want to do that? What does the code say to make me bust up the rest of my floor?
  16. ShannonT

Drum Trap

Pictures Here are pictures of the trap and the hole. "I am not sure how they made that connection in such a short space, but if there is a trap below it, then that may be some handyman's idea of a way to connect a sink drain to the sewer system. " There is no trap below. This is the trap and...
  17. ShannonT

Drum Trap

Things are as I describe. We cut the drain line where it turns horizontal at the upper left, just out of the picture. I will try and post a picture of the trap tonight.
  18. ShannonT

Drum Trap

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. The line going up at a 45 deg angle is the only vent or drain line. The shower drain used to be on top of that 4" vertical pipe. At first, I assumed the 45 deg. pipe was the vent line. More digging and more research showed that this was not a...
  19. ShannonT

Drum Trap

More info :( Well, I don't know whether it is good or bad news, but I do have a drum trap. A little more hammering and a little more research on how the trap works confirms it. I was very confused when I saw only one line coming out of the vertical 4" pipe and it appeared to line up with the...
  20. ShannonT

Drum Trap

:eek: I am completely remodeling a small 6'3"x6'7" bathroom. I plan to replace the shower with a neo-angle tiled shower using a Kerdi shower kit. Because I'm using the Kerdi system, I needed to replace the drain. And so my troubles begin. As I break up the slab I find that the clamping drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks