Search results

1. ShannaMar

Toilet Leaking at Base

Okay. I think a lightbulb just went on: the flange might need to be cut down or fixed so it is flush with the finished floor? Could a plumber also fill in the area below the tile (the finished floor) so there is not a hole on one side of the pipe that was eroded away after years of waste...
  2. ShannaMar

Toilet Leaking at Base

I'm baaack Okay, in response to the last question on this post I wrote over a year ago, yes, I am on a concrete slab foundation. Today the toilet didn't flush and I went to plunging it. When I finally was able to get the water to go down, water started leaking out of the base of the toilet...
  3. ShannaMar

Toilet Leaking at Base

All these posts are making more questions come to my mind. Does the flange (the thing I put the bolts through to bolt the toilet down) need to have something underneath it (e.g., flooring, concrete, etc.) or is it okay that it is hollow? This may be part of the problem -- there is hollow...
  4. ShannaMar

Toilet Leaking at Base

Is there such a thing as too much wax?
  5. ShannaMar

Toilet Leaking at Base

Okay. So what you two are saying is maybe I need two wax rings instead of one? I wish I could draw a picture to show you what I mean. I am not sure I have all the terminology proper. Yes, the closet bolts are flopping around because there is big notch that you can slip them in, then...
  6. ShannaMar

Toilet Leaking at Base

Okay, so I am new to this forum. And new to plumbing, for that matter. I am going to sound a little like ggirl here, so bear with me. My toilet was leaking from the base. My roommate said maybe it was the wax ring. She and I talked about it and she said instead of just replacing the wax...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks