Search results

1. M

How to replace tub fixtures

Fixed it! I ended up soaking the assembly in santeen and got to the bibb washer. Replaced the washer and the seat in both assemblies which did the trick. Can't figure out how to close the thread. Thanks for all your help!! Mike
  2. M

This is what I found online: Brass Craft Explosions page 33 parts 1, 2 &3 Brasscraft stems page 3 middle of page Are either of these what I'm looking for and if so where can I get them. I don't remember seeing them at my Home Depot. Any place online that you would recommend? Thanks, Mike
  3. M

I finally got some time to work on this and am stumped. I attached a picture of the entire unit (1st picture) and then after I took it apart (2nd picture). I found a Kohler bath stem repair kit (pic 3) which says it includes: flat washer, bib screw (not shown) top bib ring, bonnet packing, and...
  4. M

I apologize for my ignorance. After removing the handles, how do I remove the stems? Do they screw out? Are the bib washers a standard, universal part or do I need to find one that goes with my particular fixture? Any guidance would be much appreciated., Thanks!! Mike
  5. M

I recently moved into a 1920's bungalow. The upstairs bathroom has a tub (2 handles) but no shower. It takes lots of force to turn either knob on and even more force to get the water to shut off completely. The handles look much newer than the drain plate and tub drain switch so my guess is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks