Search results

1. Donel

Toilet drain modification

The copper pipe that I removed was set inside the cast iron pipe. I didn't even think to check and see if there was a rubber seal ring arond the pipe. If I have to remove the top of the pipe to accomodate a new connection I will be forced to go into the basement and remove a wall for access...
  2. Donel

Floor heater will be installed once all of the plumbing fun is sorted out. I have to figure out how to connect 3" abs to cast iron.
  3. Donel

To answer some of the questions... In order to support the stone floor I will be installing more joists to bring it down to 12" on center. In order to install the toilet where I need it, I will have to notch (3") the joist but I plan to sister it with 2x8's on both sides. The span for the...
  4. Donel

Connectiing abs to cast iron

I am remodelling a bathroom and I have to reposition the toilet. In the process of removing the old flange I have discovered that the 3" copper pipe was set inside the cast iron pipe. Is there a product in abs that I can use to connect to the cast iron without having to modify the cast iron...
  5. Donel

As plumber1 stated it is probably a brass flange. It is soldered to a 45 elbow thena a tee then another 45 which runs into the cast iron pipe. It is far enough down the wall that I can't see exactly how it is connected to the cast iron. The notch will be about 9 inches from the supporting wall...
  6. Donel

I am in the middle of a bathroom remodel (project from hell). I need to move the toilet down the wall 13". It will mean moving the flange to the other side of a joist. I have a couple of questions. What is the recommended slope for a drain like this? I will probably have to notch the joist but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks