Search results

1. billmad

soldering a slip coupling tight spot

I soldered the 3/4" slip coupling - it worked. Thanks for all the comments.
  2. billmad

3/4 inch repair/slip coupling fits over the Woodford tube. Matching the exact length of the original tube is something I had not thought about - could be a problem. Will go ahead and give it a try. If this doesn't work, I have only wasted my time and the $3.50 for the repair coupling. My...
  3. billmad

another photo. Shows the bad cut.The Woodford model 22 supplies hot and cold - there are 2 pipes coming out - can only see the one in this photo.
  4. billmad

Thanks. Will I need to re-cut the pipe? If I can get the slip coiupling over it, do I need to bother? Not so easy to cut back there...
  5. billmad

My Woodford model 22 sillcock ruptured. (I had a Y connector attached to the spigot). I cut out the rupture, intend to put in a slip coupling. See photo. Problem is, it's in a corner - Will have to tip the torch to solder the rear section of the 3/4" pipe.- I assume that the blow torch will shut...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks