Search results

1. Squints2See

Share drain between Standpipe and Lav?

I am moving my washer and re-plumbing the standpipe and adding a sink. My current plan is to have the sink drain straight down like the standpipe is currently and tie into the 3" line running in that joist cavity in the basement. But then I got thinking it would be simpler to tie into the drain...
  2. Squints2See

Help with roughing in floor mount rear discharge toilet please

I am adding a toilet and sink to an existing laundry room so I have another "1/2 bath" in the house. Having an issue with plumbing the toilet. Due to the placement of an LVL in close proximity to the 2x6 plumb wall it will be very difficult if not almost impossible to use a standard floor...
  3. Squints2See

Confirmation of DWV plan for laundry room/half bath combo

Hello, If I could get some confirmation that this plan is going to work it would be greatly appreciated. I am adding a half bath to an existing laundry room. Currently there is no vent at all in this room, thanks to an idiot builder. Also, the p-trap is below the floor in the basement (heated)...
  4. Squints2See

Basement Bathroom Rough-in layout help please... :)

Hello all, I am helping a friend rough in the plumbing for a basement bathroom. There was an existing bathroom there but he had to terror out the entire concrete floor and start over due to broken pipes underneath the concrete. I have poorly drawn a mockup of what I am looking to do. I have...
  5. Squints2See

Venting through exterior wall for basement bathroom?

Hello, I am helping a friend redo a basement bathroom. The old bathroom appears to never have been vented, so I will need to add some kind of venting. The problem is that there is no real way to get a pipe thru the first floor up thru the roof to vent it. Is it possible that it can be vented...
  6. Squints2See

Condensation buildup in Water heater exhaust

Hello, Im trying to figure out the best way to solve a problem I am having with moisture buildup in the exhaust of my high efficiency gas water heater. I am using 3" PVC and it is ducting horizontally about 70-80 feet before exiting the house. Every few weeks the water heater stops working...
  7. Squints2See

Could I please get some plumbers opinions......

Hello, I am currently building a house and the plumbing is going in. I wanted to get plumbers opinions on whether or not it takes significantly more time to running supply lines "between the joists" (I-JOISTS) as opposed to attaching the supply lines to the bottom chord of the i-joists. I...
  8. Squints2See

Mirabelle whirlpool???

Hello, I recently purchased a 72x36" whirlpool tub from a large builders auction. However, I cannot find anything out about the brand of the tub. It says MIRABELLE on the tub. The motor has a FERGUSON Enterprises label on it which I have found out is a very large plumbing distributor. I...
  9. Squints2See

Another Toilet venting question

Hello, I searched the forums but couldnt real find an answer. Im installing a toilet in a new basement bathroom and am hoping to find another way of venting without busting up concrete. There is already a toilet flange installed in the concrete slab. It is only 12" away from the main drain...
  10. Squints2See

Can I get a little help pretty please???????

Hi, I got a couple of questions that I hope the educated people of this board can help me with. Im installing a basement bathroom and need some DWV help. Ive attached som pics to help explain. I am wondering if it would be a problem having the inlet of my ptrap using a street sanitary elbow...
  11. Squints2See

Copper joints..?????????

Quick question, When soldering copper pipe joints, will a bad sweating job show up right away once its cooled down and youve tested for leaks? If there are no leaks, does that mean that the joint is good and will be stable, or can you initially have a leak free joint and in the future have a...
  12. Squints2See

Help with new bathroom venting...

Hello, just stumbled upon this site today and it seems like a great place to get help on plumbing..... :) Im putting in a new bathroom in my basement. There is already a toilet flange installed in the concrete (that for some reason they ran the drain from my furnace to?). Also, there is a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks