Search results

1. Boink

PEX underground for main supply from the street...

Curious really (and apologies if endlessly addressed before, though I looked): I plan to replace my water main from the meter at my property edge to inside the joists in the house. Most of the house has already had its piping replaced with PEX, but we never did the main line in to that PEX...
  2. Boink

Moving a shower head higher...

I have a guest bathroom with a stupidly installed shower outlet (at about 6'). See photo. The problem is that with any head (including the newly installed one), it's just too low. Yes, I could probably open up the wall behind and move the stem a foot higher (and plug the old hole in the...
  3. Boink

How critical is it to "justify" the control on a Hansgrohe trim on an iBox?

As my plumber is returning to replace a bushing in new bathroom (see thread on burst of rusty water), I was chatting with a Hansgrohe rep that said that a lot of plumbers do not bother to "justify" the temperature control on the trim covering an iBox. I understand (per the installation manual -...
  4. Boink

A rusty burst of water everytime...

Oh oh... with the installation of a new master bath, we have a problem with the water to the tub. It goes through a Hansgrohe iBox then PEX to a filler and a separate hand-sprayer. We now get a rusty burst of water (not the first few inches but a big shot of brown for about 10" of water and then...
  5. Boink

Cast Iron VS. ABS - replacement

I've got a quality home built in 1970 that has cast iron DWV (including all rain-drains). Most of the regular sink/laundry drains, which are easily accessible, are 2" cast iron (all held together with couplings that are easy to separate). I'm now finding some problems and am beginning to think...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks