Search results

1. macleod

copper soldered joint ?

wiping solder with string knit glove I wear an all-cotton string knit glove on my left hand ( I'm right-handed ) when soldering. The cotton is enough to insulate against brief contact with a hot copper pipe, and it's easy to quickly wipe joints down with a finger. Don't get the glove wet if...
  2. macleod

Best Practices - above code, or "in my house"?

Hi, I have learned a lot from this forum and I want to thank all of the people that contribute. I've finished remodeling one of my bathrooms, rebuilding the shower and converting the dwv pipe from galvanized/cast iron to abs - it never would have been done without the advice and pictures on...
  3. macleod

Special Fitting?

Try a local plumbing/ pipe supply house, look at Nibco website Joe, I also encountered an unusual fitting in my bathroom remodel. You can try looking up the fitting on a manufacturer website like Nibco - www.nibco.com, they make plastic fittings. I found that to actually buy the fitting, I...
  4. macleod

water heater suggestions

hard water is bad news for tankless heaters Here's a report I found on tankless vs. conventional hot water heaters. It's the most thorough and objective writeup I've seen: http://www.pmengineer.com/CDA/ArticleInformation/coverstory/BNPCoverStoryItem/0,2730,141364,00.html In Pasadena...
  5. macleod

Angle stops - sweat or compression?

Hi, I don't know if this just comes down to personal preference or if there are some fundamental reasons why angle stops should be either compression fittings or sweated to the supply lines. I'm renovating a small bathroom, and I'm pretty sure all the angle stops in my house are compression...
  6. macleod

using unions in shower valve plumbing, yes or no?

Hi, I am redoing a small bathroom, and I've finished the demolition down to the studs and joists. I'm getting ready to rough in the new supply lines to the toliet and sink, but I have questions about plumbing the shower. The new shower valve I got is pressure-balancing and temperature...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks