Search results

1. M3

Floor drain

Sorry, I should have included this. Yes, there is water in the trap so it isn't totally gone. I'm wondering if there is any way to know who far it really has deteriorated. The past owner had the water softener recharge going directly into this drain; not sure if that affected it. Is this...
  2. M3

Floor drain

The other day I found that my basement floor drain was clogged. A snake wouldn't penetrate it, so I fished it out with a long nosed pliers, only to find it was metal! I then used a magnet and took out nothing but metal. Most of it was shards and dust, but a few screws... It is now running...
  3. M3

Unusual Sump Basin

I'm looking for any possible insights: I looked at a slab on grade townhouse for sale the other day, and it had a sump basin/pit, but no drain tile coming into it, no pump, etc. Instead it had a 2" ABS pipe coming in high, and another 2" at the base angled down.... There were no exterior...
  4. M3

Plumbers: Any Ideas on what this is?

It's rigid, But may be that way because the entire floor was heavily painted... Thanks for the feedback!
  5. M3

Plumbers: Any Ideas on what this is?

I am a home inspector, and saw this in the basement floor of a 1920's home. I've never seen anything like it before, but guessing it is some old plumbing fixture or portion thereof... I posted it to my association forum and someone thought it may be an old bell trap improperly installed...
  6. M3

Vanity tie in

Thanks again Terry. I've gotten great advice from this forum over the recent years...
  7. M3

Vanity tie in

Thank you for the reply, but I'm a little confused about "same floor" comment. What I meant is the drop from the new bathroom sink trap (Santee) which is on the 2nd floor, down to the main waste stack in the basement is about 9 feet. At that point I'd add a 45 and go over to the main stack...
  8. M3

Vanity tie in

I'm remodeling a bathroom which had a single sink, and I'm going to a double. Problem is I cannot run the drain over from the second sink to the existing trap because of drawers in the vanity. I also cannot go in the wall and over because of other pipes. I can tie into the bathroom vent above...
  9. M3

Bad brass threads?

The shower valve is all female threaded and Moen suggested not to solder... I don't know if it would void any warranty or not.
  10. M3

Bad brass threads?

I'm putting in a moen exact temp shower/spa with 3 controllers; so I have a brass cross between the mixing valve and the controllers... Unfortunately I have had a slow leak twice now in the same threaded end of the brass cross. The first time, admittedly the nipple wasn't tight enough, but...
  11. M3

Pressure Balancing Loop

I am installing a Moen Exact Temp shower spa with 4 body sprays and received a plumbing diagram from Moen.. I'm sure Moen does a lot of testing, but I've looked at other Pressure Balancing Loop diagrams and Moen's is different. I've attached their diagram. Most diagrams I've seen had the...
  12. M3

Moen Digital Valves

I'd like to get some feedback on the Moen IO Digital valves. I'm considering using one in a shower/spa but am a little hesitant of the "digital" aspect and it's longevity. It sure would save a lot in the tiling time (not having to cut all the valve holes. Has anyone used them?
  13. M3

Anyone used Moen ioDigital?

I've not used the IO, but am also curious about the product... It does look like a nice system and would save a lot of head aches not having to dril all the holes from the controls (I've done it before). I've used the Exact Temp Systems and they are great, but again the IO would be much simpler.
  14. M3

Never used PEX Before

Thank you for bringing that to my attention! I did compare standard PEX and copper sold by HD and the PEX 3/4" fittings have virtually the same ID as 1/2" copper!!! I would have thought that would be a violation of some code... talk about misleading... I'll look into Uphonor. Still lots to...
  15. M3

Never used PEX Before

I have only plumbed with copper in the past but I am now planning a spa shower including the normal shower head, 4 body sprays, and a handheld... It seems that plumbing this with copper would be very tedious but I haven't used PEX before. This area will NOT be visible or accessible when...
  16. M3

Tankless with well water??

Thanks for the thoughts JD... water hardness is not too bad (as tested by a water softener company last year). I have natural gas and most of the supply lines going to the bathrooms are 3/4".
  17. M3

Tankless with well water??

Without reading every thread out there, I haven't seen anyone questionusing a tankless with a well supply. We remodeled two bathrooms with a 40 gal tub and a 60 gal tub and have a multi head body-shower. The problem is that we still have a 40 gal tank heater... I knew it couldn't keep up...
  18. M3

Gas line for fireplaces

Thanks for the replies... The initial work was done with a permit and it was inspected by the local official; but it does look like crap to me. I'll give another contractor a call and ask if and how they would fix it.
  19. M3

Gas line for fireplaces

Thanks HJ... I don't know for sure if it is a 2 psi; can you tell me how to check? Also, as I stated the meter is about 50' from the split and from the regulator you can see how one goes directly to the right and into the lower fireplace (maybe 6') and the other goes up to the second story...
  20. M3

Creating Flat Ceilings

I'm remodeling my 1970's house and my wife wants "flat" ceilings (they currently are all the popcorn texture). I got the old texture off, even though it was painted over and very tough. The problem is, that there is some scaring, but not horrible, of the sheet rock. I use a product called...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks