Search results

1. Weakenedwarrior

Can I re-use them?

I work in the electronics industry. We solder to copper every day. Our copper is a lot thinner then copper plumbing fittings. When you solder to copper, you get what is called a tin/copper intermettalic layer. The tin from the solder, and copper from the pipe or fitting, intermix to create a...
  2. Weakenedwarrior

Orangeberg used in 1987???

I just looked up trenchless pipe busting on the web. Sounds like it was not that. This guy would attach the new pipe to the old and pull it through. I think this pipe bursting thing might work. I just have to find someone in the area who can do it.
  3. Weakenedwarrior

The excavator talked to a guy that does that, but he said that the orangeberg is too brittle to pull the new stuff through.
  4. Weakenedwarrior

Old thread but still have not replaced the sewer. So here is an update to the situation. Apparenty some time in the early 60's the guy that used to own my house, got together with some of his neighbors, and put in a drain field, not a storm sewer. He rerouted the sewer main from the back of...
  5. Weakenedwarrior

Septic was (still is there) in the back yard. The city sewer goes out the front of the house. He did not tie into anything existing. It was all new in 1987. Other crap he did? Buried a 55 gallon drum with holes in it in the back yard. I found a 2" PVC pipe sticking out of the ground while...
  6. Weakenedwarrior

A few weeks ago my sewer backed up. Every time we used our plumbing, I was getting water in the floor drain of my basement. We called the local company that uses pressurized water to clean the pipes. $140 later all was well, but he said the cast iron floor drain needed to be replaced. he said it...
  7. Weakenedwarrior

island vent a bathtub??

For an Island vent to work properly, does it matter if the trap is above floor level or not? My original plan for the vent was exactly as you suggested, but code says I cannot make a horizontal vent run unless it is 6" above highest fixture water level.
  8. Weakenedwarrior

island vent a bathtub??

From what I have read, AAV are not allowed in MN. They were temporarily until 2005, but not anymore. The vent is currently before the rest of the drain system. It is after the trap, and before it hits any other junction. This is currently the only method I KNOW is per code:
  9. Weakenedwarrior

island vent a bathtub??

Hi, I am currently in the process of converting an old bedroom in to our new bathroom. The job has been quite the challenge. Our house was built with concrete block exterior walls. The bedroom was added on to the home after it was built, so all four walls are block. To make matters worse, there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks