Search results

1. Luc

Powered anode rod to replace magnesium anode

Hello everyone, We need to replace our anode rod on our hot water heater. Someone suggested using a powered anode because they last longer and will really protect the tank. I am looking for some feedback. Anyone tried them before? Any disadvantage? Do they really work? Thanks, Luc
  2. Luc

Life expectancy of copper and black iron pipe

Hello everyone, We are doing some renovation on our hydonic heating system which is over 50 years old. The black iron pipe is in good condition. Just want to know if it is better to use copper pipe or black iron for our renovation. Which will have a longer life expectancy? Thanks, Luc
  3. Luc

Ventilation for a shower room with five showers

Hello everyone, We have a shower room that has five showers. Presently, each shower has its exhaust grille hookup to the same extraction fan in the attic. We are having some condensation problems with this extraction fan in the attic because of the cold climate. Anyone know of a better way to...
  4. Luc

1'' polypipe as the drop pipe

Hello everyone, Just want to know if it is good practice to use 1'' polypipe as the drop pipe in wells with 3 HP or 5 HP submersible pumps. Thanks, Luc
  5. Luc

Flexible reducing coupling acceptable in a drinkable water storage tank

Hello everyone, Anyone know of a flexible reducing coupling that is acceptable to be used for drinkable water? I need to make a tight seal between a 4'' stainless steel pipe and a 3'' PVC inside a water storage tank. Thanks, Luc
  6. Luc

Boiler replacement, piping configuration?

Hello everyone, Just want to have some advise on a boiler replacement. Presently we have two oil boilers of 37 BHP. The boilers are really oversized and one is enough to heat the whole building. We want to replace one of the oil boiler by an electric boiler. We will control the electric...
  7. Luc

Beckett burner CF1400 tripping problems

We have two boilers with CF1400 Beckett burners. Before doing the annual service call last week, we had some problems with one of the burner tripping everyday or so. When the service man came to clean the boilers, he found that there was a really bad combustion in the burners and the boilers...
  8. Luc

Reccommended water pressure in a building

Hello, What would be the reccommended water pressure in an institutional building which can accept 60 people? We have a submersible pump in a water tank that feeds three 2'' water pipes. One of the pipes is uses for the D.H.W. heater. The other two cold water pipes go in two different...
  9. Luc

Generator GFCI breaker tripping when starting the well pump

I am trying to get a 1/2 hp 240V Grundfos well pump working on emergency power. All the other 120V circuits are working on the generator subpanel but the CFCI breaker on the portable generator trips when we start the well pump. Anyone know why this happens with the well pump? Luc
  10. Luc

Portable generator and generator panel incompatibility

We just installed a generator panel on a house and we were testing it out yesterday with the portable generator. The generator has a 120/240V 30A receptacle. The receptacle is protected by a 40A double pole GFCI breaker. When we came to plug our 120/240 30A extension into the receptacle of...
  11. Luc

Quiet pump for pumping water from a concrete storage tank in the basement

Is there any way to reduce the noise of a pump supplying water from a concrete storage tank? The storage tank is in the basement and we hear the pump vibrations on the floor above. Luc
  12. Luc

Replacing storage tanks with bigger submersible well pumps

Hello everyone. We are considering some changes on our domestic water system supplying our building and I would like to know your advise. We have two large concrete storage tanks in the basement of our building which are used to store the domestic water. The tanks are fed from two wells...
  13. Luc

50 year old electrical service enterance

We are doing some renovations in our 50 years old building and I would like to know if it would be a good idea to redo the electrical distribution. Thanks, Luc
  14. Luc

Low DHW pressure after changing recirculating pump

Changed the recirculating pump for DHW because the original pump was too strong. We had several leaks in the elbows over the years. After investigating, we found that the water was circulating to fast in the 1/2'' return pipes. The original pump was a Grundfos UP15-18SF and the new pump is a...
  15. Luc

Glycol and wet rotor circulator breakdown

Hi everyone, We have a wet rotor circulator on the glycol side of the heat exchanger on our outside wood furnace that is down again. The circulator was burning hot and it seems to me that the rotor was sticking. These small wet rotor circulators are supposed to be really good but we used...
  16. Luc

Converting a pumped recirculation hot water system to GRAVITY

Hi everyone, We have a hot water recirculation system with a pump and I would like to know if I can convert it to a gravity recirculation system without a pump. The building is 40' x 100' with 3 stories. We have 3 copper hot water supply lines of 1 1/2'' and 3 return lines of 1/2''. The 3...
  17. Luc

Leaks in our hot water recirculation pipes

Just a few questions on domestic hot water recirculating system. Our building is 13 years old and we have experienced several leaks in the copper tubing of the hot water recirculating system. The circulating pump is a grundfos UP15-18 SF. The output of the pump is in 3/4'' copper tubing and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks