Search results

1. MrChaos

Back to back double vanity DWV plumbing.

They are wall mount faucets. Will be about 6” above counter.
  2. MrChaos

Back to back double vanity DWV plumbing.

Is this setup acceptable for back to back double vanities? They are slightly offset from each other allowing the drains to be on the centerlines of the sinks. Pipe is 2” under the floor and connected to the 1-1/2” with 2 x 2 x 1-1/2 wye with a street 45. 2” pipe enters the main line at the...
  3. MrChaos

Hot water baseboard heater in basement - install

Old setup with the baseboard recessed into the wall. Wood framing directly on wall with fiberglass insulation. New setup is framing set off wall about 1 1/2" and spray foam insulation directly on foundation wall. Located in Hamilton, Ontario. Thanks, Steve
  4. MrChaos

Hot water baseboard heater in basement - install

We are in the process of re-finishing/upgrading a previously finished basement. The existing setup has the heater recessed into the wall installed directly on to the foundation wall. With the reno we are re-framing most of the wall and adding spray foam insulation and would like to move the...
  5. MrChaos

DWV setup Q

Thanks for the advice. It's actually a tub/shower combo so I believe the 1-1/2 is okay for this. I was able to get the toilet rough-in done without the extra fitting. The closet bend right into the wye worked out perfectly.
  6. MrChaos

Brown Constuction Paper --- Builders Paper

I use "standard dry sheathing." Usually found with the roofing materials. Costs under $15 for a 400 sq ft roll.
  7. MrChaos

DWV setup Q

I turned the photo the other way. I was working from my iPad yesterday - as great as it is, it still can’t fully replace a computer. I looked at the photo again myself and see that it is a bit tough the get a take on it. I will do my best to explain it. ---- The main 3" stack come up into...
  8. MrChaos

DWV setup Q

Going under the joists was not an option. This solution was engineered by my regular engineer. I will work on an isometric drawing. Steve
  9. MrChaos

DWV setup Q

Hey guys, I have been lurking on this forum for years and never really had a reason to post before. However, I have done lots of great learning over those years. I'm redoing my bathroom, moved a wall back to make more room and therefore the toilet will need to move. I ended up cutting out...
  10. MrChaos

corporate coupling/water meter problems/broken pipe

Turns out my gf's neighbour is a plumber. He quoted me today around 3-4 hours of labour @ $55/hr. Said its not the first time he has seen it and can fix it no problem. I think the first guy I had out was full of it. It is definitely 1/2 coming right trough the slab.
  11. MrChaos

corporate coupling/water meter problems/broken pipe

Has anyone heard of a corporate coupling? Last night my water meter broke off where it enters the basement through the concrete floor. The main line is 1/2 copper coming from the citys main shut off valve in the street. I had a plumber in today to have a look and give me an estimate on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks