Search results

1. V

Leaking 2nd Floor Bathtub Drain:Best Access?

Update: Well, I cut a small access hole in the side with a RotoZip-first time I used that tool for cutting a hole in sheetrock-quite awesome. The shop-vac with the 4" hose was also quite awesome-it inhaled pieces of sheetrock as well as a pencil and the dust. The compression joint I suspected...
  2. V

Yes, I meant side as opposed to cutting the ceiling from below. I'm thinking there probably is a square piece of subfloor removed from that whole general area, but I won't know 'til I make a hole: Catch 22! I did get the top off yesterday, as well as the entire vanity. The top came off after...
  3. V

Thanks for helping. I think the ceiling is salvagable without replacing sheets of sheetrock. I'm putting a granite top on the vanity, but the way the original is constructed, I'm not even certain how to take off the 'cultured' marble top (I think it's siliconed on, I'm using a razor blade in...
  4. V

Borescope?

That's pretty nice. It looks to be a small camera in the tip vs fiberoptic. Oh, well, I've ordered the 36" 5.8mm fiberooptic pv636. $206 including shipping from tooltopia.com .
  5. V

Borescope?

Yes, about what I was looking at. Provision makes some reasonably priced ones. I am currently thinking about a 36" long model with a 1/4" diameter fiber cable. Like below, but maybe a better price or with a couple of accessories like an angle viewer and magnet...
  6. V

Borescope?

Can anyone suggest a relatively inexpensive borescope for general use? I can think of a couple of times it would've helped around the house, and most lately a leak problem. Thanks.
  7. V

Discovered by dripping through ceiling, naturally. It is a one-piece shower/tub combo. It leaks when the tilt lever stopper is in the closed position. I've recaulked and tightened up the strainer; there is no leak when a old time rubber plug is put in the strainer. Therefore, I think it is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks