Search results

1. K

Leaking valve stem

Jadnashua, It only leaks in the on position. Before attempting repacking the stem I was thinking of some plumbers waterproof grease on the stem and stem threads. It's not a large leak, just a drip so maybe this will be enough. Thanks for your reply, kecorry
  2. K

Leaking valve stem

Verdeboy, I think the valve stem was partially open, I don't like turning the valve in with the seat closed. The packing nut was still tight, but I loosened and re-tightened it and the drip stopped for a few seconds, but started again. I could try some teflon tape on the stem threads...
  3. K

Leaking valve stem

I have an older speakman two stem tub assembly that has a leak along one of the stems. I tried repacking the old assembly and I still had a drip coming out along the stem. I purchased a new stem assembly and I still have a drip coming out along the stem. My question is - should I be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks