Search results

1. duct tape pro

mortar under tub

Hi, I am about to install a new tub. The bottom of the soaker tub is 1.5" above the ground level. (apron of tub is lower than tub bottom by the 1.5". Why, I have no idea!) In the instructions it says; "Ensure the bathtub rests solidly7 on the installed supports. Shim tub as req'd to...
  2. duct tape pro

Basic Soldering Dumb Question perhaps

HI, I went to solder in a controller for tub/shower. I wrapped a fire retardant cloth around the area and still managed to get some wood burn. Anybody got tips on how to solder big pieces of metal(controller) without burning house? I only got 1 of 4 to take so far. Regular pipes aren't bad...
  3. duct tape pro

Today's 1/2" fixed copper pipe project

OUr house was built during an economic boom. There was a shortage of turn off valves so only toilets got the turn off valves, all taps run straight through so if a leak occurs, whole house has to be turned off. Building inspectors turned a blind eye for that period of time many years ago, but...
  4. duct tape pro

*^%$*% toilet phlange

In the midst of bathroom reno. Finally got subfloor out except around phlange. Unscrewed anchor screws for phlange and thought it would just lift out. Noooo to easy... the whole pipe will move around about a inch or so up and down, but I can't see anything holding it. I am starting...
  5. duct tape pro

Tub size 14.5 or 16?

Hi, How does one measure the size of your previous tub to decide which tub will fit best? I would guess it would be a measure from drain centre to the stud maybe? Also, I'm currently pulling out the existing tub with a couple of problems. 1. I tried unscrewing the tub drain and it...
  6. duct tape pro

Clueless Newbie Full Bath Reno... Oh Noooo!

Well, this looks like a job for something bigger than duct tape. Dang! Just about to start ripping bathroom apart to put all new stuff in. First out is a 1 piece tub/surround in beautiful harvest gold. Anybody remember these??? Anyways, any obvious tips on how to avoid stupidity is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks