Search results

1. SeriousDIYer

Why 2" drain for shower

FJK the remodel I just completed in the above comment about DIYers was completed in a bathroom that was 9' x 6'. I was able to get a corner whirlpoll, a 5' x 3' shower and a large vanity with upper cabinets all in this location. You just need to sit down and determine wether you want the tub...
  2. SeriousDIYer

Why 2" drain for shower

I am as my screen name states, a serious DIYer. I get aggrevated when reading things from the professionals who are jealous of homeowners who have the same skills that they have. They think that we are just a bunch of cheap skates who would prefer to half-a** something than over pay one of the...
  3. SeriousDIYer

Tile shower pan

I built my own shower with a tile floor. I visited this web site to help me build the pan. It is great info. Hopefully it will help. http://www.ontariotile.com/preslope.html I have had no problems with the pan at all. I do suggest that you have a great deal of patience and about a week to...
  4. SeriousDIYer

Want more pressure

I have copper pipe. I will check the aerators, however, all my fixtures are new within the past 2 years. I will also try the tee with a pressure guage.
  5. SeriousDIYer

Want more pressure

OK, I bypassed the water softener this morning and no difference in pressure. My main feed line is 3/4 with 1/2" feeds at the point where the water goes to the fixtures. The home is 43 years old, could there be that much build-up in the pipes? How would i clean the inside of the pipes and would...
  6. SeriousDIYer

Want more pressure

OK, now that my pump system is working correctly and I have a a 40/60 pressure switch up an running without chatter, why is my pressure the same as it was before. I went from a 1/2hp 10gpm pump to a 3/4hp 19gpm pump and increased the pressure switch from a 20/40 to a 40/60. Can my water softener...
  7. SeriousDIYer

Pressure switch chatter

The yays have it!!!!!!!! I removed the check valve from between the pump and the tank when I got home from work yesterday and low and behold, on at 40 off at 60, no chatter. Thanks for all the help guys, simple and inexpesive fix.
  8. SeriousDIYer

Pressure switch chatter

I also have a check valve between the well head and the pump. The documentation that came with my tank and pump shows a check valve at the t so I put one there. If it can cause a problem, I will remove it. If it will not cause problems, I will leave it.
  9. SeriousDIYer

Pressure switch chatter

From pump, through a full bore shut off, through the foundation, From there, through a check valve mounted on the t to the tank. Pretty basic.
  10. SeriousDIYer

Pressure switch chatter

My pressure swith is located at the pump. The line comes from the pump head to the pressure switch which is mounted to the pump motor. The tank is approximately 3.5 feet from the pump. If I mount the pressure switch on the tank t, will this solve my problem?
  11. SeriousDIYer

Pressure switch chatter

I am having fits. I just installed a new well saver 52 gallon pressure tank, 3/4hp water ace shallow well jet pump, pro plumber 40/60 pressure switch. All new plumbing, new 10/2 wire new 30 amp breaker. My tank is set at 38psi, verified using tire pressure guage. When I turn on the pump, it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks