Search results

1. SamC

Aerator for Kohler faucet

I have an obsolete tall Kohler faucet in the kitchen, and the aerator is shot. The threads in the faucet appear to be 3/4 female, while the threads on aftermarket replacement aerators are 15/16 male combined with 55/64 female. Any ideas about adapters from one to the other. It looks like I would...
  2. SamC

American Standard H2Option

Anybody tried one of the AS H2Option models? It's the first siphon jet dual flush I've seen.
  3. SamC

1.6 vs 1.28 Flapper

Is the flapper on the 1.6 gal Drake the same as that on the 1.28 gal, with the only difference being the float on the chain of the 1.28 gal? If so, can I retain the chain and float on the 1.28 gal, and just replace the flapper, or alternatively move the float to the new flapper's chain?
  4. SamC

Korky 528MP

I installed my first Korky 528MP after the original equipment fill valve in my TOTO toilet would no longer adjust the waterline in the tank below the top of the overflow. It was quick and easy. A quarter-turn valve sets the refill rate. It is positive and doesn't leak. It occurs to me that this...
  5. SamC

Quarter-turn valve

I have read posts recommending replacing the usual multi-turn inlet valves on toilets with quarter-turn valves, since the valve is always fully-open or fully-closed. Is there a sealing advantage to the ball valve used in the quarter-turn models? Would it also be worthwhile to replace the same...
  6. SamC

Adjustable 3-inch flappers

Anybody tried either of these two in a Toto?
  7. SamC

H2Option toilets

Does anyone have experience or opinions on American Standard's new H2Option jetted dual-flush toilets?
  8. SamC

Two-piece Gwyneth tweaks

We bought the two-piece Gwyneth for the latest Toto technology but were disappointed at first with the fine particles left in the bowl after a flush. A closer look revealed that the water level in the tank was well below the specified 1/2 inch from the top of the overflow tube, and that there...
  9. SamC

Korky 528T for 1.28?

Is the Korky 528T fill valve a suitable replacement on 1.28 gallon Toto models?
  10. SamC

Eco-Drake water level

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the height of the water in the tank between the Eco-Drake and the regular Drake?
  11. SamC

Gwyneth toilet, Ultramax II

Toto MS60114CEFG Gwyneth I see that Toto has two new one-piece Gwyneth models that have the double-cyclone system at 1.28 gallons but without the Unifit of the more expensive Soiree and Guinevere. One with CEFIONTECT and one without. Looks like a good deal to me. Terry, what would be the...
  12. SamC

Quarter turn plug

I have one of those drain plugs in my tub that is attached to the drain. A quarter turn lets it drop down to plug the drain. The drain gets loaded up with hair from time to time. Is there a way to get that plug off to clean out the drain?
  13. SamC

Forward facing trap

I have a question for you vintage toilet experts. I happened upon a vintage toilet still in use a while back with the forward-facing trapway. It had a siphon jet and large rim jets at the back of the bowl, rather than the front, and a small waterspot much like today's low-flow designs. I was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks