Search results

1. SamC

Any creative solutions for top of tank rear inlet water supply?

Don't know if it would work, but HD carries the Delta Corrente that has the water inlet at the top of the tank. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Corrente-2-piece-1-28-GPF-Elongated-Toilet-in-White-C43904-WH/203309215
  2. SamC

Toilet refill stops and starts

On Korky fill valves there is a valve, which looks like small white ball, in the bottom of the reservoir where the float operates. It controls the flow of water into the reservoir, and thus the rising and falling of the float. Scum can collect on this ball inside the reservoir, interfering with...
  3. SamC

TOTO Eco Drake 1.28 GPF Elongated Two Piece Toilet

The holes under the rim of the Drake are not all that small, especially the ones at the front. They can accumulate the black scuz just like the two outlets in the Drake II. The Drake flushes straight down with no swirling, so if you let it go long between cleaning, you may see the trail of black...
  4. SamC

Recommendations for new toilet: Toto Drake or a dual flush?

One thing to consider when going to a dual-flush is replacement parts. While you almost certainly can find a replacement flush valve for a 1.6 gal or a 1.28 gal at your local big box store, you're not likely to find replacement parts for the dual flush mechanism.
  5. SamC

Toilet cleaning Pucks

The refill ratio on my Toto toilet is such that when I replaced the fill valve with the Korky MP, the valve in the refill tube needed to be almost wide open to refill the bowl to its design level. So if the bleach cartridge offers much restriction, there is very little adjustment room, and the...
  6. SamC

Toto Entrada vs Drake1 water spot and bowl wash

These are the water surface specs for the Drake and Entrada , 1.28 gal, elongated bowl. The Entrada is 8 3/8" x 10 1/2". The Drake is 8 1/2" x 10 1/4" . The Toto web site only shows 1.28 gal. models for the Entrada.
  7. SamC

To dual flush or not

It is unlikely that you could find replacement parts for a dual-flush mechanism at a local big box or hardware store. But you can almost certainly find a suitable replacement flapper for a 1.28 gal. model. Many dual-flush designs are wash-down rather than siphon-jet, having steep bowls with...
  8. SamC

Help me with the madness of choosing a toilet!!!

Please show me where the water surface specs are different between the round and elongated Entrada and round and elongated Drake. I double checked and they still look the same to me. The Aquia only shows elongated.
  9. SamC

Water spots are: Entrada .................... 8 3/8 x 10 1/2 Drake ........................ 8 1/2 x 10 1/4 Aquia (dual flush)..... 4 1/2 x 6 Water spots on elongated and round-front are the same. Drake II has the double-cyclone rinse. The 1.6 gal and 1.28 gal Toto toilets use flush...
  10. SamC

I don't find any difference between round and elongated for skid marks. If the water spot is really small, as with some of the dual-flush models, skid marks are more likely, and positioning far enough back becomes a priority, but it doesn't sound like you are looking for a dual-flush. Unless a...
  11. SamC

Wrong fill valve in new Toto Drake 1.6gpf?

It might make a difference if the refill ratio is wrong. Pour water slowly in the bowl until it begins to go out the trapway. Let it settle, and put a temporary mark in the bowl where the water level ends up. Flush the toilet and watch to see if the refill brings the bowl level above or below...
  12. SamC

Quality Fill Valve

Another vote for the Korky 528MP. There are several fill valves available that provide control of the refill ratio, but the Korky has a nice quarter-turn valve that is very precise.
  13. SamC

TOTO Neorest 500 toilet product review and comments. MS950CG

Just curious. Since the Neorest uses a pump to provide pressure, and needs the large incoming line for sufficient flow, how does the manual flush work when the power is out?
  14. SamC

Any thoughts on the 1.0 GPF TOTO toilets (Drake II and Ultramax II)?

The flush valve on the 1.0 gallon Drake II is quite a bit more complicated than a typical flush valve, and not something you would expect to find at your neighborhood big box store.
  15. SamC

My New Toilets

Thanks much for the effort. So it sounds like the rim flapper opens before and closes after the priming jet flapper, using more water for the rim wash, than for the priming jet.
  16. SamC

My New Toilets

I'm curious about the Vormax. It looks from the pictures like one flapper is designed to open ahead of the other and one to close ahead of the other. If that is the case, could you describe what you see in the tank when it is flushed?
  17. SamC

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

Would some of you proud owners of the Vormax have a look in the tank when you flush it and see if in fact one flapper gets opened ahead of the other, one closes ahead of the other, and which is which?
  18. SamC

installing Gerber Avalanche toilet

I agree with wjcandee. Loosen the tank completely. There is a range of angles that the tank will seat on the flush valve washer. If you shift the bottom of the tank forward, the top will tilt back. Likewise if you shift the bottom of the tank back, the top will tilt forward. Whatever angle the...
  19. SamC

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

Just judging by the look of the mechanics, it appears one flapper is designed to open ahead of the other, and by the spacing of the floats above the flappers, one is designed to close before the other. So which flapper controls the rim jet, and which controls the priming jet? By the way, two...
  20. SamC

What is the shortcut in siphon (CST744EL)

A look into the bowl of any of these confirms that there is no opening where these tubes connect at the beginning of the trapway. Could they be there for structural support of the wet clay while it's being fired?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks