Search results

1. S

Loose shower arm and tub spout

what about the foam that says its "low expansion" type. Wait for it to ooze outta the hole, then it sets without bowing the drywall. at this point, the elbows must be loose or the wood rotten behind there. I'd prefer it be just poor handyman issues than actually a bigger problem.
  2. S

loose, meaning you can pull it out in a straight line and push it back in a bit yeah, thats it. I've heard someone mention the foam... would that be a good solution?
  3. S

Well the title says it. These 2 things are not tight against the wall as I am used to. could someone provide a diagram perhaps on how these things should have been roughed in? is there something to do to make it a bit better? the gap for the spout ain't all that bad. it sealed up w/ caulking...
  4. S

repair leaky hot tub faucet by shutoff at heater?

no, have not looked behind the escutcheons, but that would be the best bet for sure. I hope. but wouldnt the escutcheons be oblong at that point? these are round. There is the inlet at the WH, but it seems to spin freely without shutting off the water. will give it a shot later to...
  5. S

repair leaky hot tub faucet by shutoff at heater?

Hello, my condo will require me to shut down 2 columns of apartments in order to turn off the water in my unit. I have a leaky faucet in the shower, and I can tell the water is of the expensive warm variety. Can I merely shut down the supply for the water heater, and do this repair? its a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks