Search results

1. Mitchedo

Who Oversees Internet Businesses?

You gave them your banking information!!??!!!? I would close the account and never give it out again. I have a Paypal account. I think I can probably trust Paypal, but I use an account that I only keep the minimum amount of money in, like $25. I only use credit cards to purchase on the...
  2. Mitchedo

What type indirect water heater?

It's 41 gallons. Its heat source is hot water from our boiler. It makes hot water for our house. I think it's the one on the far left in the photo.
  3. Mitchedo

What type indirect water heater?

My Amtrol water heater blew up yesterday, so I need to replace it. It was probably 20 years old or so. The Amtrol has a plastic liner with what appears to be painted mild steel outer case, and a grand total of about 3/8" of what looks like cardboard insulation (model WH7P). Looking online...
  4. Mitchedo

Internet explorer or Moxilla Firefox

Why I use Firefox I switched to Firefox a couple of years ago shortly after I had to rebuild the TCP/IP stack in my son's computer. He'd gotten some drive-by hijacker that had integrated itself into the stack. When I removed it, networking no longer worked. I switched the whole house to...
  5. Mitchedo

"Head to head" comparo of Kohler Santa Rosa and Toto Ultramax

I purchased a Toto Ultramax to go in my main bathroom. Unfortunately, it wouldn't fit due to a baseboard heater behind the toilet. I was forced to purchase the next best thing I could find, a Kohler Santa Rosa. Both models have long bowls. Kohler advantages: --The fill is much quieter than...
  6. Mitchedo

ATTN: Terry (Drake/Ultramax)

I just installed the toilet yesterday. I caulked around the base, and left the seat off so nobody would sit on it until the caulk set up a little. The seat's on now.
  7. Mitchedo

ATTN: Terry (Drake/Ultramax)

I don't have a Drake, but here's two shots of the Ultramax, complete with blue water! The second photo is taken from directly above the bowl; the first more from the front. Yes, you do see a recessed area in the bowl where the water sits.
  8. Mitchedo

Is there a market for 3.5gal toilets?

1963-vintage (I'm assuming, cuz that's when the house was built) 12" rough in.
  9. Mitchedo

Thanks, Terry. Off to the dump they go. The new Kohler Santa Rosa flushes so much better. I can't wait to see how the Toto Ultramax flushes. I can't say enough about how happy I am that I found this Web site. I was going to purchase that golf-ball flushing disaster before I found this site...
  10. Mitchedo

...or should I just throw my two 1963 vintage American Standards in the trash?
  11. Mitchedo

Feedback on Ingenium Flushing System (Kohler)

I just replaced a 1963 vintage 3-gal toilet with a Kohler Santa Rosa. The drain in my floor has a 3" close ell connector right at the flange, and was totally plugged when I removed the old toilet. I would like to shoot the plumber that installed that close ell. It's copper, so I can't easily...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks