Search results

1. Martin1b

Low yield well

Since I originally drilled my well, 2 neighborhoods have moved in and lowered the water table. I have run out of water on several occasions and but the well recovers within 15 minutes or so. Guessing it's about 2-4 GPM. I saw this...
  2. Martin1b

All zones on at same time, nothing pops up

Went to turn on my sprinkler system for the second time this year and nothing comes up. Confirmed water is flowing from pump (not sure if rate has changed though). No sprinklers come up, but every sprinkler I check has water weeping out of it (enough to cover the head, as the heads are a little...
  3. Martin1b

Can/should I add old resin to new softener

I just purchased a new softener and am questioning the quality of new resin. The tank is only 1/2 full of resin and seems to lose softness quicker than I expected. My old softener seemed to have softer water after a regen. I replaced my old softener because the head was leaking. However the old...
  4. Martin1b

Cased well - water yield drops over time

I have a 80' cased well that we use for house water. For about 10 years, it's been fine. It can generally flow about 7-10gpm. However, over the past 5 years, our house water will periodically slow to about 1-2 gpm. It's not often, but does happen. Neighbors have moved in and drilled wells...
  5. Martin1b

Outside sewer line settled, causing drain issues at house

My outside line going to my lagoon has settled at the house, causing the boot connecting the house to it to stretch (see attached). This also causes the opening between the house and the outside line to be at about half capacity, causing plugs (we had a plug this morning, which is how I...
  6. Martin1b

Zoeller M267 ejector pump won't start

Issues started with intermittent starts. I thought it was a sticky float. One day, no start at all and a full pit. So, I pulled the pump and lifted float to turn it on. It won't start. No hum, nothing. I'd like to fix it if possible. I purchased it 'lightly' used (looking pretty new) and it's...
  7. Martin1b

RO regenerating frequently

I have an RO where I replaced the filters about 6 months ago. Many times I go by the sink, I hear water flowing in the drain, sounding like it's regenerating. The RO is 12 years old but has done really well until now. I almost positive I got it back together correctly after installing the...
  8. Martin1b

Softener recommendation

My Fleck 9000 is dying and I've decided to replace the softener. My water is 31 hard (this is the only info I have) and have 7 in the house. According to this calculator, I'm around 16,000 grains per day or roughly a 110,000 grain unit. My current system is seems to do just fine and I believe...
  9. Martin1b

Fleck 9000 leaking

I rebuilt my Fleck 9000 about 2 years ago (https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-9000-rebuild-problem.56364/#post-415129). Now it is leaking on one of the piston stems. Any thoughts on repair? The softener is about 11 years old.
  10. Martin1b

7 red flashes - York furnace

Hi, I have a York furnace giving me 4 red flashes. It was built near 2005. Not getting any heat. I can see the flame ignite after I cycle power but come down an hour or so later, flame is gone and 4 red flashes. Ideas? EDIT: Was 7 red flashes. Cleaned the flame sensor and now is 4 red flashes...
  11. Martin1b

Running out of water, 55 ft well

I have a 55 ft well that when originally drilled produced around 10 or 12gpm. I have an 85gal pressure tank on the line and a 1hp submersible on it. When not demanding it very hard, it's fine (drinking, dishwasher, shower at same time). However, when I add lot higher demand (any of the first I...
  12. Martin1b

Fleck 9000 rebuild problem

Hi, I'm replacing pistons and seals on my fleck 9000. Trying to pull out seals and they are stuck. Also, there's a lot of oxidation on the bores, as you can see. Any trick to getting these things out? What should I do with the bores? Just some dull emery cloth and carefully clean it up?
  13. Martin1b

Fleck 9000 valve leaking

I have a fleck 9000 twin that is leaking. I'm not a plumber but am willing to do the repair myself if it's possible. When facing the valve with cover off, there are 2 bores on top of each other to the right of the timer wheel (picture attached). The top cylinder is leaking. I've been told this...
  14. Martin1b

Gas hot water heater question

Last night, my wife found our leak detector going off in our downstairs utility room. She said there was haze in the room by the hot water heater and a strong odor. I came home quickly and found the smell to be . I shut the gas off at the tank and aired the place out. The...
  15. Martin1b

Hot water heater question

I'm wanting to install a hot water heater. Which is the best to go with? Dual or single element? Also, I have a choice to pay and extra $100 and go with a Bradford white vs a GE (made by Rheem) at lowes. Any thoughts?
  16. Martin1b

Galvanized > Poly fitting question

I'm putting in valve controlled 'hydrant'. I'm using galvanized pipe for the hydrant itself. Then, underground I elbow out, convert to poly via a threaded poly fitting (drain is in a poly tee) , then onto the poly run up the valve. Do I need to pipe dope or teflon the galvanized to...
  17. Martin1b

Thoughts on auto-drains

Thoughts on auto-drains - main line, sprinkler lines, both, neither? Winterizing set up? Anything else in general to do or avoid when installing a sprinkler system? Bill
  18. Martin1b

Winterizing question

I'm installing a sprinkler system and have a question. I'm running my main trunk to the valve boxes from a pitless adapter from my well casing. From the pitless, I go to a shut off valve > sediment filter > then up through the frost line and into the trunk which is 18" below ground (above our...
  19. Martin1b

Zone and head question

There was a thread 'zones zones,etc' that was very similar to the questions that I had. I'm getting ready to install my sprinkler system and was wanting to run this past everyone to get their opinion. I have a 1.5hp P series Mcdonald pump (performance chart ...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks