Search results

1. clewis5039

Drain fly killer & pex

I've never had them til I moved to NC. Thanks for the info, I'll probably go with GG.
  2. clewis5039

Drain fly killer & pex

I'm looking for a solution to the drain flies; that cleans out the buildup of of in/organic matter on the drain--their food source. I overthought when I mentioned pex bc that was my previous project. The drains are PVC, pex is for water supply. Obviously I'm not a pro. So back to the question...
  3. clewis5039

Drain fly killer & pex

Hello, Seeking input on best non-commercial drain fly killer for home with PVC & pex. -green gobbler? -Forid Drain Gel Cleaner, Gentrol IGR Aerosol, and Pyrid? -diy: 1/2 cup of salt, 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup of vinegar? Thanks everyone.
  4. clewis5039

Replacing (Outdoor) Water Spigot

Thanks GR. I bought some parts from Aquor's Amazon store and some from Aquor's website based on price comparisons. It cost around $265 for 2 hydrants, 2 pex inlets, 2 ss mounting plates, & 2 extra water breakers that have shutoffs (the hydrants include breakers without shutoffs that attach to...
  5. clewis5039

Thank you. Definitely have some lessons learned and thankful I came across this forum.
  6. clewis5039

Thanks for all the help GR and Fitter! I just got done putting in 2 Aqour V1+ hydrants. Well worth the time. Enjoy the pix!
  7. clewis5039

Thanks again, GR. I really appreciate the info.
  8. clewis5039

Thanks for feedback, GR. Yes, I prefer expansion so hoping I have pex A. I didn't know about Frost free so need to look at those options. Wasn't aware Aquor in brick has issues so thank you for mentioning.
  9. clewis5039

Hello. I've done my due diligence and am looking for suggestions/input on replacing outdoor spigot (attached images) & what type of water line is running to it (no PEX A or B label is visible and line is transluscent). I'm not a plumber so consider my experience level with this project a zero...
  10. clewis5039

Flooding in water shutoff

Thanks GR. By female, are you referring to the pex extending off the valve in image 2 or the valve itself?
  11. clewis5039

Flooding in water shutoff

Hello, This is my first post so apologies if I've overlooked the answer elsewhere on the forum. Seeking advice on what is causing water to pool around the water line in image 0? Image 2 shows exterior shutoff valve (outside crawlspace brick foundation, not city shutoff) after it was replaced...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks