Search results

1. G

Concern for basement p-trap connection to main line

SRDENNY: Thanks for keeping me honest regarding the venting. I have been consulting the Illinois Plumbing Code (2004). I read the thing nearly completely, and did not see a strict requirement for a vent per trap. However, based on the total Fixture Unit value of the installed items (closet...
  2. G

Sounds like a backflow preventing valve is the most popular solution on this question. I actually looked at a swing gate type valve this morning and I have to agree it doesn't look foolproof. I will look around for the floating ball variety that was mentioned. Secondly, I will also look into...
  3. G

Thanks for the input FloridaOrange. I'm up in Illinois, where in-ground mains are 4" and required to be 1/4" per foot. To clarify my drawing, the object on the east (terminating end) of the line is a septic lift tank (vented). The distance from the closet to the 2" vent is about 3.5'...
  4. G

Hello helpers and others like me(in need of help), The attached diagram will explain the general situation but the core question is this: I am concerned there is a possibility of toilet waste making its way into the basement floor p-trap, if the wye it's connected to is in perfect horizontal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks