Search results

1. T

New Basement Shower & Toilet Rough-Ins - sunken concrete, shower box, and offset toilet drain not to code?

To his credit, the owner did not shy from criticizing his employee’s work. He said that the toilet position should absolutely have been discussed and not just concreted in place like that. He confirmed that the position is indeed off from the usual 15”/15” and that even the flange won’t bring...
  2. T

New Basement Shower & Toilet Rough-Ins - sunken concrete, shower box, and offset toilet drain not to code?

Definitely not moving walls, not discussed also not an option due to where we need supports for stairs above. Plumber owner just visited this morning. He stated that he will be viewing his employees photos of the toilet and sewer line as well to determine next steps. He said the toilet...
  3. T

Ahhh terribly sorry for any confusion, yes the photo holding the tape measure is absolutely supposed to be a toilet rough in
  4. T

Ahh yes good call, they said they had concerns about working around a sewer line Y that was directly below the shower stall, and suggested an offset kerdi linear drain (shower) to allow them to avoid the Y. I try to be flexible and this seemed reasonable enough to me without knowing the...
  5. T

I just measured, we have 17.5" off the bare stud wall behind the toilet. The water line is pre-existing as-is when we purchased the house, so that flaw at least is one this contractor has not caused. The toilet rough-in, my non-expert read is that with the slab open, they had every opportunity...
  6. T

My wife and I bought a home that had a pre-existing basement bathroom with a toilet & and a shower on raised platforms -- the previous owners went the handyman route, and didn't break the slab. I've been lurking on this forum, and took the oft-repeated advice to do it right, and break the slab...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks