Search results

1. enviroko

Can I ground a 10/3 ungrounded wire?

Oh, another question. Shouldn't I connect the ground wire to a cold water pipe just to be safe? I thought about using a wire nut to extend it over and clamp it to the pipe. It's only about two feet away.
  2. enviroko

Thanks Bob! You have been a big help. There's lots of room to cut and restrip both wires.
  3. enviroko

Sorry bout that. I'll try to clarify and thanks for being patient. The wire coming from the receptacle is from a previous dryer hookup (before I owned the house) and it is already up in the floor joists near the junction box that I want to use. The old line connected to the fuse box is also...
  4. enviroko

Ok Bob, thanks for the information. I would like to clarify to make sure that I'm understanding you right. Are you saying to connect the ground wire from the dryer's receptacle to the neutral wire of the old 10/3 wire? Here are some pics to make sure that I am conveying the info to you correctly.
  5. enviroko

I would really like to use this wire for now until I can get it replaced but I don't want it left ungrounded. I want to temporarily use it for an electric dryer. It is already connected to my old fuse box and runs over close to the dryer.
  6. enviroko

Question about moving stove line to dryer.

Unfortunately I still have a fuse box (changing within six months hopefully) and I was unable to find a 30 amp to fit. 35 was the closest. The fuse that was used for the stove was a NON-45 class K5. Can that be replaced with a 30 amp fuse? I do have 3/4" pipe going all the way to the...
  7. enviroko

Question about moving stove line to dryer.

We currently have an electric stove and a gas dryer but we are in the process of installing a gas stove and electric dryer. Here is our situation... The hot wire that feeds the stove looks like it says 8/3 (old and hard to read). The hot wire first connects to a junction box then out to...
  8. enviroko

Need to tap drain for dishwasher.

Is there a good diagram that anyone is aware of to give me an idea about how all this will work? Would it help if I take some measurements? If so, what measurements should I give you? So the disposer has to go on the right? Thanks all! Hoping to get this installed soon.
  9. enviroko

Actually I do want to put a disposal in. I guess it will come with instructions :rolleyes: The shelving is low priority, no problem taking it out.
  10. enviroko

Where & how can I tap my sink drain for a dishwasher that will be placed on the right? Thanks for your help!
  11. enviroko

Lots of Photos

Try www.flickr.com also. As for adding arrows, you can do it in most any photo editing program (Paint, Photoshop, Photoshop Elements...). The "how to" depends on program you decide to use. Paint is probably already on your computer but you have to use the line tool to create your own arrows...
  12. enviroko

Cost to have gas line ran to stove?

* The pipe is 1" OD & very easily accessable. * Runs parallel to the joists but it needs to move one joist over to go up through the floor behind the stove. I will drill hole before the plumber comes in. * The pipe has no T, pipe will need to be threaded. It is currently a straight pipe...
  13. enviroko

Cost to have gas line ran to stove?

Hi, can anyone give me a ballpark figure for having the following job done? We currently have an electric stove but our natural gas line runs directly under (full basement) the stove and we plan to switch to gas. So all that I believe needs to be done is to tap into this line and run a...
  14. enviroko

Tilers, need your advice...

The material in the kitchen is 3/4" plywood. I will post at johnbridge. Thanks for the referral.
  15. enviroko

The house has 1" x 8 or 10 planks on the joists. There is something else in the kitchen that brings it up level with the hardwood floor in dining room. I'll have to dig down to see what it is. Hopefully plywood and not hardwood. Then on top of that is the 1/4" plywood with the linoleum.
  16. enviroko

We would like to tile our kitchen and dining room. The kitchen currently has linoleum over 1/4" plywood over something else then 1" subfloor. The linoleum does not come off completely (at least not without a lot of work). When we try to tear it off, it leaves its backing on the plywood...
  17. enviroko

I need a 1 1/4" slip joint 90 degree elbow.

I'm looking for this but I need 1 1/4"... http://plumbing.gillroys.com/Drain_Fittings/1-1/2_90_COUPLING_ELBOW-s444561.html
  18. enviroko

I need a 1 1/4" slip joint 90 degree elbow.

Anyone know where I can find one? They are tough to find on the web and Home Depot didn't have them. Thanks
  19. enviroko

Is tile on mold-resistent drywall a bad idea?

Doh, no I'm sorry. Responded to quick. This is a standars tub and shower.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks