Search results

1. lovetohelpya

Drum vs Sectional snake

We've been using Spartan brand drain cleaning machines for over 30 years. The only thing you have to do is drain them after every job (the sewer machines) and you're golden. The hand-held drill machine (aka: The Hole-shooter) is our "noise-maker" - it's crap. Who wants to work that hard...
  2. lovetohelpya

Need Help! Sewer line backed up.

...and it could be that you found a chunk of the concrete from the broken up septic tank. I've come across concrete and thought wtf until I dug more, and found that it was a piece of old sidewalk/tank/patio. I agree with the suggestion of taking off the cap in the basement and looking in...
  3. lovetohelpya

Washer in Basement

Let me beg to differ, my dear. A full septic tank WILL back flow - if her tank is full and she flushes the toilet upstairs, it WILL come back at her - and from what she says, it's coming back into her washer. (There's a difference between a full tank and a normally running tank - it's about...
  4. lovetohelpya

pro bono plumbers?

Lots of the plumbing under trailers (around here MI) are either just pushed together or it's just crap. I LOOOOVE to work under trailers.....for free.... so spacious, so free of animals/bugs/undefinable lovely stuff..... Seriously, working on plumbing under a trailer is like opening a can...
  5. lovetohelpya

gurgling toliets

It sounds like the vent stack is plugged. DIY or have somebody else go up on your roof and look into your vent w/a flashlight. If there's something in there, try a wire clothes hangar if it's close enough to the top. If it looks like it's big/solid enough to plug your sewer line if pushed...
  6. lovetohelpya

Anyone have any advice on getting into the plumbing field?

yeah, I've got a guy who likes to open drains as quickly as possible.... He's being fired tomorrow. Faster doesn't necessarily mean better. We are all sick of call-backs because someone just jammed it out, collected the cash, and ran out the door. Work it like you own it!! "And away go...
  7. lovetohelpya

Sidework?

Hmm....may I comment on a couple of points here? I am one of two owners of a plumbing and drain cleaning company. I'm also a licensed residential builder (michigan). At the plumbing company, I've fired many guys for doing side-jobs. How did they come by the side jobs? By talking to...
  8. lovetohelpya

Sewage in Basement

Have the city run their camera through their sewer main. That's what your tax dollars pay for. They may him-and-haw about it, but if you press the issue, they'll do it. Q: Does the water come from a floor drain, or from your clean-out (cap that's on your main sewer pipe)? Does the water...
  9. lovetohelpya

septic sorrows

Thank God! lol - I was afraid you really were going to reroute to the other drainfield! FYI - the grease trap tank is there for a reason. All the grease and food that goes down your kitchen sink line - even when you're very careful - can cause your drainfield to fail - quickly. That's the...
  10. lovetohelpya

Adding cleanout to cast

Yay - 2 cleanouts! I agree with HJ about installing 2 clean-outs, one going each way. I am a "rooter-man" and I've found a few outside clean-outs that sweep away from the house and the clog is between the house and the clean-out. Better safe than sorry. (Normally, if you don't have a...
  11. lovetohelpya

Stinky Dishwasher

Have you checked your vent pipe(s) for clogs? If your kitchen is far enough away from the main stack vent, it will have it's own vent stack coming out of the roof. Have someone go on the roof with a flashlight and look down the stack. (I have found bird's nests, bee hives, dead squirrels...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks