Search results

1. K

Any benefit upsizing from meter?

I have 3/4 supply from the city and will be running it ~60 ft from the meter to my manifold (3/4 or 1" inlet TBD). PEX is inexpensive and upsizing from 3/4 to 1 is negligible but is there any benefit to going larger for that 60 ft run if I don't have any plans to upsize the city supply any time...
  2. K

PEX Manifold Noise

Can anyone speak to the noise level with a pex manifold? I am considering mounting it on the wall of the mechanical room that has a bedroom on the other side but considered the noise would be a disturbance. Supposedly pex is quieter than copper counterparts. I can certainly add some insulation...
  3. K

Full Bath Plumbing Replacement - Sanity Check

Hoping to sanity check my design and get recommendation on potentially better fittings to declutter a few of my connections. I'm doing a full bath renovation and plan to replace the existing cast iron (~75yr old) in this wing; the rest of the cast iron was replaced years ago. -This is located...
  4. K

Code Interpretation

I'd like to make sure I am interpretting this correctly before chatting with the inspector. I'm replacing a bunch of old galvenized with PEX and planned to do a homerun system for a variety of reasons. I had a few questions. 1) Does the below (120-8-2-2) just mean the stub out needs to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks