Search results

1. Jasmine123

is CST744S the same as T734S-01?

Yes, that's what happened, so it's kind of like getting a new tire for a car -- except that the toilet needs new flappers . . . . Thanks to everybody!
  2. Jasmine123

is CST744S the same as T734S-01?

The chain on the flapper of my Toto G-Max disconnected. I don't know if something may have broken off the flapper. (see attachment) At any rate, I may buy a new flapper and would like to find out if Toto Model CST744S is the same (essentially) as Model TOTST743S-01. Any information would...
  3. Jasmine123

Toto Toilet Flapper Issue

My Toto is experiencing similar issues to the ones already mentioned, and I think it's probably time (3 years +) to replace the flapper. A flapper listing on ****, a TOTO GMAX FLAPPER # 2021BP, specifies that it fits TOTO toilets from Korky makers. My Toto is a ST743S, Made in Vietnam, and...
  4. Jasmine123

is plumber's putty under plastic okay?

Thanks, Jim, for helping me "see the light." I had thought the caution referred to a plastic tailpiece, but your post leads me to believe the caution refers to the type of sink (marble or plastic) that the putty should not be used on. If the flange of the tailpiece gets stained on the bottom...
  5. Jasmine123

is plumber's putty under plastic okay?

I have a plastic American Standard tailpiece for a bathroom sink. The plumbers putty I have has a caution on it: "do not use on marble or plastic." Does anyone know what kind of putty or caulk I should use under the flange which goes above the sink, which looks like an old (40 years-old?)...
  6. Jasmine123

toilet is backed-up, but slowly unclogs

Since buying a (Toto) Drake last month, it has clogged twice, although I hold the toilet handle down on flushing. Now I'm thinking in terms of: (1) getting a power-assisted toilet, (2) buying a good snake to have on-hand, or (3) using more Metamucil. The plumber's "friend" I use doesn't help...
  7. Jasmine123

my new Toto Drake toilet is leaking - trickling

back to Normal Maybe lifting the flapper and letting it "thud" did the trick. Or did running my finger around the bottom flange and the bottom of the flapper bring about the desired results? For whatever reason, my new Toto Drake doesn't leak now, and things are back to normal. (I...
  8. Jasmine123

yes "Yes," I ran my fingers around both the flapper and the plastic (white) flange at the bottom, in the middle of, the toilet tank. I didn't notice any bumps or "anything."
  9. Jasmine123

yes Yes, I inspected it and found no tape or anything that apparently would interfere with the seal. I did find a number "9" and "Toto" on the top of the flapper, which is a bright red. After the tank empties, I picked up the flapper with my fingers and let it drop. This produced a nice...
  10. Jasmine123

My new Toto Drake toilet (4-days old) is leaking, and I'm guessing (as a non-professional) that the flapper contact is not making a good seal. (1) Water enters the open pipe in the middle of the tank that sits on top of the toilet, from a rubber hose coming from a bright blue plastic piece...
  11. Jasmine123

new Drake installation

This forum has motivated me to look into the Drake as a replacement for my 40-year-old contractor-grade toilet. Will the Drake fit in the existing location after I remove the old toilet? The base is 7" from the wall. The inlet valve is 4" from center, the bowl stands 14" tall, and the front...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks