Search results

1. B

Fleck 2510 vs 8500

Researching a Fleck valve based softener, and checking specifications on 2510 versus the 5800. We have a 1" well water service. Reading the forum, lots of posts about the 5600, with some notes it's an old valve, but that the 5800 is a replacement, newer and solid. One of the dealer options...
  2. B

Fleck valve recommendations?

OK, I attempted to restore the resin. I followed the instructions above (2 SIO cycles and then another regen after). The hardness at the well is 23gpg, and the iron is 2.5ppm, so the softener is set for 36, to compensate. We had to be out of town for a few weeks, so we're just now back and...
  3. B

We have 2.5ppm of iron. Regenerations have not changed in duration in the time we have used it, and I see no issues with brine tank filling or other concerns. I have a receipt showing the valve was serviced in 2016, a piston was replaced and the 3/4" bypass was as well, + labor. I suspect the...
  4. B

Sorry, I was imprecise. We've not had trouble with the valve, but the unit is no longer softening, and I am not comfortable replacing the resin. None of the current dealers will do it for this softener, as it's a brand they do not carry. They also note it's 15 years old and they all...
  5. B

Continuing to work to replace our existing softener, dealers have provided lots of options, with differing Fleck valve configurations, depending on the dealer. Current unit is a Water Right IMP-1354, and I have determined it has a 2510 valve and a rebranded XT controller. I was able to verify...
  6. B

Apologies for a Repair/Replace question

Reaching out to local suppliers has not been going well... I checked Hellenbrand's web site, and called both nearby distributors. After providing my specifics, the first quoted a 1.5cuft 48000 (grain?) unit for ~$3K and was emphatic he'd like to see an iron filter in use for the 2.5ppm iron...
  7. B

Thanks for the response. I wondered about the fleck site, since it seemed a bit off, but since Clack had a web site: https://www.clackcorp.com/, I thought perhaps I was reading too much into the Fleck site I found. I am working to get information on local dealer options. One offers Sterling...
  8. B

I'm assuming this unit must not have a Fleck valve, given the lack of responses. If so, I am assuming replacing the resin is not as good an option as replacing the unit with a new Fleck. I saw in a few previous "new softener" posts (like this one)...
  9. B

Yep, I saw numerous posts in here about that, which gave me pause and suggested I post my inquiry Here's a pic of the existing system:
  10. B

I apologize in advance, and I have indeed searched and read the previous posts on the forum on this topic. I still, though, would love some opinions on our specific setup. * 5 bath home, SE Iowa * Well water, 20-23 grains hardness, 2.5 iron, 240 TDS. PH 7.2 * Existing Water Right ISP2-1354...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks