Search results

1. gojoe3

Advice on programming Fleck 7000SE

Thank you for the response, The Master Programming Mode is a bit different for my Fleck 7000SE versus the SXT as shown here http://www.discountwatersofteners.com/static-content/Fleck-7000SE-Quick-Startup-Guide.pdf I copied and pasted the info from the above link. My notes are in italics and...
  2. gojoe3

Advice on programming Fleck 7000SE

Hi, it's been a while since I've posted here. I always appreciate the helpful advice. I recently changed the size of the injector, the BLFC, and the DLFC on my Fleck 7000SE water softener valve, as per advice I received here. The old injector was yellow, I changed it to the correct #00...
  3. gojoe3

Advice on using pH Neutralizer and/or Softener for Iron filtration

Thanks for confirming that the ferrous iron can be removed by a softener. As I recall reading, most softeners can handle up to 3 ppm (aka mg/L). So, I suspect I should be ok in letting my softener handle the ferrous iron load. My iron tested at 0.19 mg/L for total iron. I don't know what portion...
  4. gojoe3

Thanks for the reply mialynette2003, I'm glad you think I could rebuild my Fleck 5600 valve and go the Calcite instead of mixed media route. How much Calcite would you suggest? I was considering filling the 9x54 tank to leave 1/3 of it empty for freeboard. How would I calculate the cubic...
  5. gojoe3

I am trying to decide whether to use my pH neutralizer predominantly for pH adjustment or for maximum Iron removal also. And whether my Softener can assist with iron removal if needed. My 9x54 pH neutralizer is now setup with a mixed media bed consisting of a 40 lb. gravel base, 1.0 cu. ft...
  6. gojoe3

PVC Solvent advice

Thanks leejosepho, Appreciate the response. Yes, I always do "read the can" but thanks for the suggestion and I do de-burr and use the cleaner properly, but you never know so it's good advice to give. I was just curious because I have always used the Oatey Regular for PVC but my can was...
  7. gojoe3

PVC Solvent advice

Thanks Jerome2877, Good to know there's a quick curing PVC solvent cement when I need it. I'll see if my local supply house carries it. BTW, looks like Oatey makes a fast setting one also (Blue Lava) for PVC and (Orange Lava) for CPVC.
  8. gojoe3

PVC Solvent advice

I need some advice on PVC solvent. Which Oatey solvent would cure the fastest and be suitable for pressurized PVC pipe? I have to replace my well pressure tank in the next few days with my plumber and want to be prepared for his assistance. I do all the basic plumbing in my house because...
  9. gojoe3

sizing new pressure tank and CSV for use with Clack air injector prior to softner

It isn't really a money back guarantee, but they gave me 30 days to try it out. How much Iron do you have? Hach has a variety of Iron test kits, all except one are for Ferric Iron (post oxidation) the choice of kits depends on the amount of Iron you want to test for...
  10. gojoe3

sizing new pressure tank and CSV for use with Clack air injector prior to softner

Thanks for your opinion valveman. I will be installing a new 81 gallon Well-x-trol with my plumber, in the next day or two. I've ordered the Sulfur Eliminator Deluxe from Mitch and will hook it up when I receive it. He was very helpful and took the time to answer all my questions. He...
  11. gojoe3

off topic question how are you able to quote just a portion of someones reply?
  12. gojoe3

Yes, I printed that reply and was going to test for that info, but thought the outcome would be incorrect because of the current state of my system. The Bad P tank. I'd really like to know what GPM my pump can produce both with and without the injector. Do you think I can still plot a true pump...
  13. gojoe3

I did not realize that. I just thought that once it was oxidized it became filterable.
  14. gojoe3

I'm sorry. All of this makes total sense. So, I see your point about the spin down filter being useless at this location. My last water test showed 0.19 mg/L I understand that I could and should build a more effective system. I can't afford to do so at this time. I thought there might be a...
  15. gojoe3

Deadhead? What does that mean? I'm getting overwhelmed, I really appreciate all your and others suggestions and ideas but unless someone talks me out of it, I'm just going to go out and pickup an 81 gallon WX-255 for $600 and throw on a new tee package including a 40/60? 50/70? switch for...
  16. gojoe3

I thought of the water heater tank also, but they are not cheap anymore. The benefit of using one is that with some models you can add an additional anode and yes, I always change out the draincock. The problem is that we're back to having a waterlogged tank with no air. I did not understand why...
  17. gojoe3

I tapped in before the conditioning components. After the P tank. It is raw water filtered with a wound filter for each of 3 spigots (hose bib outlets) I also have a spigot in the garage which is softened and goes thru a shower valve so I have hot and cold for washing off my mountain bike...
  18. gojoe3

I'm considering doing the contact tank setup like Craig described. I've searched for galvanized tanks online and all I came up with was this one from Sears in stock at a store a couple of hours away from me http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_08302951000P I'm not sure of the quality...
  19. gojoe3

Testing Pressure Tank

That would be great, I'd appreciate it.
  20. gojoe3

Good to know. I have another tank just like it, not being used. Could I just install it in series and would this help? What if I added a control valve to the additional tank it so it could backwash out the sediment? I copied and pasted this idea below from the other thread I have going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks