Search results

1. G

Slow Toilet

As far as the "legs," when I look behind the toilet at the exit area of the bowl, there is a drain. The drain angles up, curves and then goes straight down into the floor. The section of the drain curving upward is shorter (short leg) than the section going down into the floor (long leg). I...
  2. G

Slow Toilet

GReynolds929 I don't understand your "wow" emoji. I understand my questions may be surprising, but I'm here to get help.
  3. G

Slow Toilet

If I do not see a siphon in the bottom of the bowl, then there is no siphon filling the legs of the drain, correct? Therefore, all the water from the tank is only going into the bowl, correct? I'm assuming air (vacuum) is playing a role during the flushing, so it appears no air is helping. As...
  4. G

Slow Toilet

I don't understand the inconsistencies of my tests. With water idle in the bowl, I'll pour a 10-oz glass of water into the bowl, and then all the water in the bowl will whoosh down the drain...except a little bit at the bottom. With water idle in the bowl, I'll pour a 5-gallon bucket of water...
  5. G

Slow Toilet

I don't know if there is a hidden jet in the trap way. The toilet is a Briggs 4440 but I can't find much about its internal workings. Where does the water from the tank go after I flush a toilet...any toilet? Are all toilets designed to not only send water into the bowl but also into the drain...
  6. G

Slow Toilet

This sound involved. Is it difficult? Would I have to replace the wax ring or something else?
  7. G

Slow Toilet

No, but the bathrooms are across the hall from each other and one sets about five feet behind the other.
  8. G

Slow Toilet

What would be a good solvent to dissolve or weaken the something? I'm the only one living here and using the toilet. I don't flush anything not supposed to be flushed. I would need something safe on porcelain and safe on pipes. I also did the thorough process of an enzyme cleaner every...
  9. G

Slow Toilet

Do you know of and could recommend a powdered cleaner I could mix with water?
  10. G

Slow Toilet

...and my bathrooms are on the third floor of the building. My living room, kitchen, dining are over my garage and my bathrooms are upstairs.
  11. G

Slow Toilet

What could be in the drain to have not broken free by now? It's been slowly flushing for about a year. The water doesn't whoosh down the drain like the good toilet. The water in this problematic toilet just lowers down the drain. I'm afraid to use it because...without going into...
  12. G

Slow Toilet

I replied to your vent theory but, I only posted it for I forgot to click Reply.
  13. G

Slow Toilet

I did the water test on the good toilet, and the five gallons went down the drain as fast as I could pour it into the bowl, which was about three seconds.
  14. G

Slow Toilet

You just beat me to my next question because I needed time to craft it: ----- I'm stabbing in the dark, but would the experts suspect the vent for this one toilet? I read about vents on another site. However, if I have a clogged vent, it's only affecting the one toilet. I live in a...
  15. G

Slow Toilet

Ah...an "open rim toilet!" I was trying to find the technical name of this "jet" system of mine. I filled an empty toilet-cleaner bottle (The Works) with CLR and spent an hour squirting small amounts into the rim until it started cascading down the side of the bowl. I could hear fizzing but...
  16. G

Slow Toilet

I poured a 5-gallon bucket of water into the bowl and the water raised to almost the rim...but I kept going...and it eventually drained. I then flushed the toilet and it still slowly drains.
  17. G

Slow Toilet

I don't know anything about plumbing, but what will this do?
  18. G

Slow Toilet

I have two Briggs 4440-1.6 gpf toilets in my home. One is rarely-used and flushes fine. The other is frequently-used and has started to flush slowly down the drain. When I flush, the water gets alarmingly high and then unimpressively flushes. I tested for an obstruction in the pipes by...
  19. G

Slow Toilet

I have two Briggs 4440-1.6 gpf toilets in my home. One is rarely-used and flushes fine. The other is frequently-used and has started to flush slowly down the drain. When I flush, the water gets alarmingly high and then unimpressively flushes. I tested for an obstruction in the pipes by quickly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks