Search results

1. guga

ABS toilet drain and flange

Cheers Krow, that will work. Like I said I was under the impression for no particular reason that the full 1 1/2" of the flange hub would need to be filled. Thanks
  2. guga

Sorry, this must be painful for you. Distance 1 is 1 1/2" and distance 2 is 2 1/4". I'm just thinking that after cutting 1/2" off, distance 2 will be 1 3/4", which will butt up against the hub of the elbow, which will be recessed in to the floor 1 1/2" I guess your second option would be the...
  3. guga

Are we talking a flange with a hub that fits on the outside of a 3" pipe?
  4. guga

Hi, I appreciate the quick responses, I will have to think about this in terms of configuring your suggestion. I'm just not sure how this would work without cutting into the structure. The toilet sits with the sink on one side and the the bath tub on the other. Those pieces of wood parallel in...
  5. guga

Do you know why this would be? I have been able to get some information on local codes, but have not come across anything about this. This complicates matters.
  6. guga

Hi, after much contemplation I replaced a section of my cast iron stack with ABS, which now enables me to run all ABS from that point on. From all the reading I have done 4x3 closet bends are used leaving a 4" spigot coming out of the floor. I haven't been able to find one locally despite being...
  7. guga

Replacing toilet drain

My concern at this point relates to the 4" brass wye, which is 4 3/8" outside diameter as compared to 4" cast or ABS/PVC which is 4 1/2" outside diameter. From what I have been reading this will likely be a problem with the coupling I ordered. Has anyone had any experience with this?
  8. guga

Replacing toilet drain

Hi thanks for all the input. I had to order the "no Hub" coupling. Locally they only stocked the flexible Fernco coupling. The brass pipe as you can see seems slightly flared on the end and is not totally round. The outside diameter is 4 3/8" and the diameter perpendicular to this...
  9. guga

Replacing toilet drain

Hi, thanks for all the input. So far so good. It wasn't too difficult to remove actually. It turns out the end is 4 3/8". The brass seems pretty solid. Is there any thing in particular to look for in terms of determining the integrity of this other than the fact that it isn't leaking? In terms...
  10. guga

Replacing toilet drain

Hi, I posted a question last year regarding replacing the tub and sink drains/vents. At that time I was advised to transition from the copper to ABS with Fernco sleeves and leave the toilet drain as is. I've since discovered that the toilet drain is lead that transitions to brass before...
  11. guga

Hydronic heating problem

Hi, I measured the pressure on the boiler pressure gauge pictured in the link above. All I know is when I added air to the expansion tank more water supply came into the system and the pressure increased. I was therefore able to bleed air out of the rads on the second floor and fill with...
  12. guga

Hydronic heating problem

Thanks for the responses. I realized that the type of expansion tank I have has a pressure reducing valve built into it with a valve at the bottom (after finding the manual). The pressure setting is adjustable by adding or releasing air from this bottom valve. I got my bicycle pump out and...
  13. guga

Hydronic heating problem

I've just included a couple of pics illustrating the setup. The fill valve, not pictured is obviously open. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d174/comover_/IMG_3198copy.jpg http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d174/comover_/IMG_3202.jpg Although I know this system does have a pressure...
  14. guga

Hydronic heating problem

I was just refilling my system last and encountered a problem. When bleeding the second floor rads the pressure won't get high enough to actually force water through. The pressure gauge above the boiler is reading 0 psi. There was enough pressure to fill the main floor rads, but that was it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks