Search results

1. J

Drain line options?

Interesting development. I was just opening up the wall to consecutive studs to make it easier to put up a drywall patch when I happened to notice there was already a hole drilled in the far stud. I decided to open up the adjacent wall and sure enough there is already a hole in that stud as...
  2. J

Drain line options?

Yeah, where it comes out of the wall is actually a santee that serves as the vent so I am kind of stuck with the trap arm at its current elevation. If I drop down out of the santee then I create an s-trap. The real problem with the way it runs now is that it cuts right through the middle of the...
  3. J

Is this toilet flange okay?

Thanks Gary, yes I believe there will be room to get the 1/2" plywood and tile under the flange. The flange was screwed down but I removed them to get the old underlay up. They were completely rusted and I will replace them after the tile is down. thanks
  4. J

Drain line options?

Hello, I am replacing an old built in vanity with a new one and am trying to figure out what to do with the supply and drain lines. I have attached pictures of the existing configuration and the new vanity that will be going in. Before installing the new vanity I will be tiling the floor and...
  5. J

Is this toilet flange okay?

Hello, I just finished pulling up my old particle board w/ lino so that I can put down some additional plywood for tiling. However, when I removed the toilet I noticed one side of the flange is cracked, the other side is fine. This crack does not go all the way through, does it require one of...
  6. J

Looking for shower drain strainer

Excellent point David, thank you. It had never occured to me to just not screw the cover down. I guess since the previous one I had was screwed down I just assumed it had to be. If I make it a tight fit with the tiles it should not wobble and it would appear to be fastened down. So.... do you...
  7. J

I would love to use the Kerdi drain cover. However, it appears that the screw holes for fastening it to the drain are in the corners about 4" apart. How would I attach this drain cover to my drain? thanks, -jeff
  8. J

Thanks Jim, I definitely did look into the Kerdi system and that had been my original plan. However, once I got the old tile off I was surprised to see that it was not a mud or lead pan but rather just poured concrete. I was going to break it up but after talking to the original owner who built...
  9. J

I actually removed the old tile but it had been just laid with mastic directly to the concrete pan. Even though it is a basement and so waterproofing wasn't completely necessary I decided to put down a layer of blue seal waterproofing to drain any water that gets through the tile down to the...
  10. J

Hello, I am re-tiling my shower floor and am having a difficult time finding a strainer for my shower drain. All of the metal in the bathroom is nickel so that is the colour I am looking for. The spacing between the screw holes is 2-5/8" and I have only managed to find one strainer that has...
  11. J

Is toilet flange supposed to spin?

Whew, I'm glad I didn't try too hard to get that flange off :) However, you might be able to see from the pictures that the areas where the bolts go is slightly bent up from my struggles removing the toilet, is this going to be a problem? I was thinking of caulking between the flange and...
  12. J

Sorry, I misunderstood. When Cass said the flange should sit on the finished floor and be fastened to it I thought that meant the tile but it actually just means the concrete? So I should just cut the tile to fit around the outside of the flange, then anchor the flange to the concrete and...
  13. J

Oh oh, I am going to have a problem then. As you can see the tile sits about as high as the flange so it is definitely not going to fit underneath it. What should I do? The floor is concrete so I am thinking replacing the flange will not be simple? thanks, -jeff
  14. J

Hello, I took off my toilet so I could tile the floor and while I was cleaning the was out of the bolt holes the outer ring of the flange started to turn. I thought maybe I was supposed to replace this ring so I tried prying it off. It turns easily but will not come off. Is is supposed to turn...
  15. J

Please Help - Moen 3330 Valve not working

The valve, shower head and body sprays all came as one package but there is absolutely no information on the valve. Each body spray and the shower head is 2.5 gpm so I am guessing the valve would be rated for 12.5 gpm? I cannot find any recommended pressure specs for the valve but I did test my...
  16. J

Thanks Jimbo, I didn't see your post but that is exactly what I did. First I flushed with the balancing spool out then put it back in and flushed again. Then installed the bottom cartridge and flushed again, then finally installed the top cartridge and flushed each head. thanks, -jeff
  17. J

Thank you hj, that was it! I finished the rest of plumbing today. It looks pretty bad but it was my first time soldering ever. The pressure is great when I only have one head going, unfortunately it drops significantly when I open up all four :( Now I just hope that my 2" drain will be...
  18. J

Hello all, thank you for the replies. I did pull out both cartridges but the instructions did not say anything about pulling out the pressure balancing spool, can that get wrecked from the heat? I was very surprised when I pulled out the stop valves and found a rubber seat in there. If there was...
  19. J

Hello all, I am hoping some of you experts can help a lost beginner like me. I just installed my Moen 3330 shower valve and figured I would pressure test the solder joints before I contined with the outlets. I removed the cartridges before soldering like the instructions say (#1 in my picture)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks