Search results

1. M

SIDR 7 vs 9 residential plumbing

Looking for suggestions on SIDR 7 vs 9 poly for a residential run in sandy soil from the meter to our build site. Its about a $600.00 increase to run the SIDR 7, the 7 is rated for 250psi ad the 9 is 200psi and the water company supply is about 80psi. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly...
  2. M

Tee suggestions on water line from meter

Getting ready to run about 900' feet of 1.5" SDR 9 250 PSI CTS PE pipe from the meter to a future house site. I will need to tee off the main line for a couple pasture hydrants and looking at my options. I was looking at pack joint fittings and the prices are incredibly high on these...
  3. M

County suggested ball valve on new water service line?

Getting ready to have a tap installed on the county water main in North Carolina, will be running 1.5" PE from the meter to the house. The county inspector suggested adding a ball valve after the meter so we can shut-off ourselves in the future for maintenance purposes. This is not something I...
  4. M

Pipe wrap on water service connections?

Is pipe wrap recommended or standard practice on underground brass water service connections? Thanks
  5. M

Chlorine content - water turnover in supply line

Had a real good conversation with the Water Company field service technician concerning our install and he brought up a water turnover issue that I had not previously considered. We are running approximately 850ft of pipe from the meter to the build site and calculated a 1-1/2" poly line line...
  6. M

Why is my question not showing up?

Just joined the forum, created a post and its not showing up....did I do something wrong to get it removed?? Thanks.
  7. M

Water main piping....yep another one

With the high cost of building anything these days, I'll be doing a mostly all DIY build for our newest (and last) home in North Carolina. The water company offer a 3/4", 1" and 2" meter. The more forum post I read the more I'm getting confused and figured I would just ask the question here...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks