Search results

1. A

New Water Srvc - Can I use 1.5 pipe with 3/4" meter

Additional Question: I am going to have to put a backflow valve on my new city water service line (1 1/2" coming into the house). What size backflow valve should I use? The new line will connect to a standard 3/4" in the house. Should I size the back flow valve to the incoming line (1 1/2')...
  2. A

Actually I was going to bore vs open trench the poly. So I'm guessing it will be rather tight vs. snaking it.
  3. A

Actually I was going to bore vs open trench the poly. So I'm guessing it will be rather tight vs. snaking it. Also, per my last post I am stuck using only one size up from meter size so I am being "forced" to upsize the meter.
  4. A

Nevermind...confusion at the water department about what I can and can't use. All is good now. 3/4 tap/meter with 1 1/2 line.
  5. A

Thanks Jeff. 1 1/4 pipe is just not easily acquired here. And 1" seems too small....so.... 1 1/2 by default.
  6. A

Thanks Wayne! With just the two of us I less worried about a volume issue compared to a pressure drop issue bc of the long run. Sounds like 3/4 meter/tap and 1 1/2 line is the plan!
  7. A

Hi - I'm putting in new city water service (tired of the well). My home is ~400 feet from the 16" main with 60-65psi. Originally, I was thinking of going with a 1" tap & meter hooked to a 1 1/2" line to the house. I only have 27 fixture units. Only 2 adults live in the house and there is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks