Search results

1. A

Cisterns in a Creek

thanks for all the information and for your time. i really appreciate it. i'd like to end this discussion thanks again. john
  2. A

Cisterns in a Creek

thanks. "Perhaps you could work around this with cistern--> check valve -->filter-->jet pump. Then when manually backwashing, make the pump run to fill the pressure tank. Turn off the pump. Then do the backwashing, with the pressure tank water running backwards thru the pump. I am not sure if...
  3. A

Cisterns in a Creek

thanks for all that information. here's where i am confused about the backwashing/cleaning/purging... in all the videos i've seen, it looks like this: pump-->filter-->clean water (during regular use) pump-->filter-->to waste (during purge) but my system is: cistern-->filter-->jet...
  4. A

Cisterns in a Creek

hey reach4. thanks. i understand what you are saying about the pressure switch. but, without filtration (2 of them!) the pressure switch gets clogged. you're right, though, if either the rusco pre-filter or the 50 micron filter between the pump and the pressure tank get clogged, the pump runs...
  5. A

Cisterns in a Creek

thanks so much for the info. i'll look into both of these suggestions. i would love to replace both the rusco 140 mesh pre-filter (before the jet pump) and the 50 micron (between the jet pump and the pressure tank) with a see-thru filter that is truly self-cleaning filter. when the water has a...
  6. A

Cisterns in a Creek

hello all, i have been dealing with this water problem for 16 years. i have 2 cisterns in a small creek as a water supply. the first acts as a kind of settling tank to feed the second tank. both are concrete about 4 feet deep and 4 feet across. water is drawn from the second tank. the water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks