Search results

1. IGx89

Rust/water collecting on top of water heater

Update: water collection on top kept increasing, dripping onto floor more and more. Problem ended up being the water heater itself, it apparently had a leak somewhere in the tank at the top. Have a brand new water heater now (Bradford White), installed five months ago, and the top’s been clean...
  2. IGx89

No leaking, walls painted with Drylock Extreme four year ago. I have dehumidifer in a corner set at 50% and a water sensor at the bottom of the water heater that reports 58% humidity. It's been a lot more humid in the past (70%+) before this issue started.
  3. IGx89

4in and then 6in. I could have worded it better: the flue itself is very hot when touched, but if I hold my hand up to the air gap under the vent hood, to check if exhaust is going into the room vs. up the vent, it's cool. Good point about trees! It's below the roof peak but I believe is at...
  4. IGx89

Hello! I have a 7-year-old AO Smith gas water heater (GCRL-40 400). About a year ago I started seeing minor rust/corrosion appearing by the flue, and it's progressively gotten worse to the point where so much water collects on top that it drips to the floor. When I research on Google everything...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks