Search results

1. A

Pocket door Question

David, You are correct in that my tile in the shower will extend fully to the ceiling. The walls outside the shower will have tile from the floor to about 3.5' up the wall. Above that would be painted drywall (or other material with similar look). The entire bathroom ceiling would be...
  2. A

Pocket door Question

When Wedi meets with drywall... I have been looking further into the Wedi product line. I would like to use the Wedi in my shower, shower floor (Fundo pan), and lower half of the rest of my walls in the bathroom. There will be drywall on the upper half of the walls, and entire ceiling...
  3. A

Pocket door Question

I have minimal DIY skills which I am developing one step at a time. So to build my first tiled shower, only to take a chance of having to rebuild it down the road, is a chance I don't want to take. It is foreseeable that someone could lose their balance in the shower, hit the wall, and now...
  4. A

Pocket door Question

Wedi David, Thank you so much for your reply. The Wedi panels are something I've never heard of, but after just a couple minutes research sound like the way to go. They're light weight, easy to work with, and save time in the installation. Here is a helpful link...
  5. A

Pocket door Question

tile on pocket door framed wall Jadnashua, I noticed you mentioned that the pocket door framed wall wouldn't be able to support the weight of a tiled wall too well. I was looking into using the Schluter-Kerdi process for tiling my shower. Are you familiar with this process? There would be...
  6. A

Matching Whites

Perfectionist, thanks for the quick reply :)
  7. A

Duravit toilets - seeking owner feedback

I am curious about either the Duravit Happy D or Duravit Starck 3 floorstanding toilets. In reading posts here and throughout the internet, I understand that Duravit's won't flush as well as a Toto, but what I am wondering is how do these Duravits compare with the average toilet you'd find at...
  8. A

Matching Whites

Duravit vs Toto white Perfectionist: Just curious how you are concluding that Toto's cotton white might be close to Duravit's white? I searched the internet high and low with no info to be found. Toto doesn't know, Duravit doesn't know, and I emailed online retailers that carry both brands...
  9. A

Matching Whites

Duravit vs Toto White? While on the subject, does anyone know what white I'd need to pick from Toto in order to match Duravit's "white"? Apparently Duravit only has 1 shade of white. This would be for a Toto toilet and Duravit sink located right next to each other. Thanks, Tony Alvarez
  10. A

Pocket door Question

Thanks for the reply. What you said makes sense. I was planning on having the glass stop short of the ceiling, which I assume will potentially cause more stress on the wall if we bump the panel when stepping in and out. Sounds like as long as nothing is bumping into the panel there shouldn't...
  11. A

Pocket door Question

Pocket door wall sturdy enough to mount glass shower panel? I am remodeling my master bath and would like to use a 3/8" glass shower door. It would have a door and a fixed panel, both combined totaling about 60". The glass door portion would mount to a wall to the left which would have a stud...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks