Search results

1. G

No water pressure in sink

We have a vanity in our bathroom with two faucets. One of them is just fine, but the other has no water pressure with either hot or cold. I'm not seeing any water leaking anywhere, but I'm not totally sure where to look. What could be my problem here, or what should I check for?
  2. G

Water heater problem

How is that done? The pipes going into the heater have the threaded adapters that screw into the heater. Could I flexible pipe that has the scres on the end that I could screw right into the existing pipes, or would I have to cut the adapters off? I've never worked with copper before and...
  3. G

Water heater problem

We have a large garden tub, which is why I think they installed two heaters with the house, but we rarely use it so I'm thinking we may try it with one heater for a while and see how it goes. I know the tankless are considerably more expensive up front, but I had always heard they are much...
  4. G

Water heater problem

I should have explained up front. I'm a moron; most of that is over my head. It's a gas heater, and I've turned off the gas to it, and I've been trying to drain the tank but since more water seems to be getting to it I've not been that successful. I'm not too worried abou replacing it...
  5. G

Water heater problem

Hello everyone, We had a water heater develop a hole in the bottom of it. We've got two, so we have hot water and it's not a critial situation. Even though I've got both the "hot" and "cold" valves turned off, though, the tank won't drain and it seems that water is still making it into the...
  6. G

Help with reverse osmosis sytem

Not sure on the make and model...haven't tracked down the manual yet. I think I may have figured it out though, and of course it was the silliest thing to bring me maximum embarassment. I turned off the water to the unit when I changed the filters, I think when I turned it back on when I was...
  7. G

when I unscrew the out valve, I get A healthy flow of water out of the RO, so I'm thinking the problem isn't there. I am able to siphon water, but the flow never gets going. I had it installed for me, so I'll have to look for the manual.
  8. G

I changed the filters on my R/O systems yesterday, including the membrane for the first time. When I was done and turned on the water, I had forgotten to open the take valve and drained all of the watter out of the line and it quit working. I was able to get to going again by puming some more...
  9. G

Problem changing bathtub drain plug

Maybe I just assumed it was pipe dope. At any rate, it made it REALLY hard to get the basket out of my other tub, and I'm pretty sure it's why this one broke. I have a feeling cutting it off may be only approach if there isn't an inside wrench big enough to get it out.
  10. G

Do they make an internal wrench large enough to use in a drain like this? I've heard teh hacksaw method mentioned. My concern is that I think the reason the innards broke is that when it was installed they put pipe dope on the threads. Pulling it out after it's cut might not be easy.
  11. G

Hello, all. I'm anything but Mr. Fixit, so please forgive me if this is a laughably simple question. I was trying to repalace the drain plug in my bathtub today, and when I was trying to remove the old strainer basket the cross-hair section at the bottom broke out. Is there anything I can...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks